3hp Pulsa jet carb: reattach butterfly to throttle linkage

Does anyone know how to reattach the butterfly to the throttle linkage? As you can see, I can pull the throttle linkage out because the screw came loose inside. Ive take the carb all the way down and apart but there doesn't seem to be any access to get a screw driver inside to screw the little screw back in...any help would be appreciated on getting my mini running again. Thanks!

20150716_223842.jpg 20150716_223904.jpg 20150716_223831.jpg 20150716_223904.jpg

I can't remember which end without seeing one in front of me, but you need to remove either the pull choke or the spiral turbulence promoter on the block side and use a long screw driver from either end.

It is the mixing spiral that gets removed to access the throttle plate mounting screw. Note the alignment of the plate to the fuel metering holes. Spiral comes out with needle nose and is pressed in.

Scroll down to photo 22 at this link.

I never knew that came out! Thanks Dave!
Yes sir, you kinda twist and yank. Then you put your vintage mini bike back together, rig it all up, and notice that spiral sitting on top of the tool box where you left it.

Then you ride the bike a few times pretending that it's running rough because it's not adjusted quite right. Six months later, you get tired of seeing it on the tool box, and spend three hours tearing apart your vintage mini bike, and slide it back in, readjust the complicated throttle system, put chains back on jack shafts, etc. feeling like you finally took care of one of those nagging chores...

With excitement, you pull that flat head to life, knowing how much better she's going to purr, only to find out that the spiral doesn't really do a damn thing at any RPM.

Where's that confounded bridge?

That's a cool link with nice detail but I see parts in that carb that I have never seen in the early Pulsa-Jets I took apart. I never saw one of those sheet metal spirals or a plastic choke plate. Maybe a later version ?

That's a cool link with nice detail but I see parts in that carb that I have never seen in the early Pulsa-Jets I took apart. I never saw one of those sheet metal spirals or a plastic choke plate. Maybe a later version ?
The spirals were definitely there from 1970 on. I can't be sure earlier than that. I know they remove them when the bore and flow the carbs but i've tried it on a simple engine and haven't got one to run any better as Dave said.

Yes, it is another version, but that part applies. If you click the link at the bottom of the page, it takes you to several different carbs. Two pulse jets are featured, adjustable and non-adjustable. Several other MFGRs are represented as well.

Or, I could have taken my 130202 off the Flexo frame again and ripped out the carburetor and taken blurry pics with my 20 year old camera. That 130202 was KKK's via Tippy's and ran a lot better before I ran failed tank sealant through it. ;) Bigger input gear on the JS will allow more torque- getting too many RPM on a non governed motor.

The spirals were definitely there from 1970 on. I can't be sure earlier than that. I know they remove them when the bore and flow the carbs but i've tried it on a simple engine and haven't got one to run any better as Dave said.
It's there simply to make you feel guilty for forgetting to put it back on.

CarPlayLB

It is the mixing spiral that gets removed to access the throttle plate mounting screw. Note the alignment of the plate to the fuel metering holes. Spiral comes out with needle nose and is pressed in.

Scroll down to photo 22 at this link.
I don't have any "needle nose" pliers. Is there something else I could use? Will a hammer work? Or should I try lineman pliers?