60 or 72 tooth sprocket?

manki

at the moment i have a 72 tooth sprocket on my bike (keystone deluxe) and a roughly 12" diameter tire. it just seems a little close to the ground sometimes, especially if i lean in to a left turn. maybe a 60 tooth would be better in my case. any suggestions?

at the moment i have a 72 tooth sprocket on my bike (keystone deluxe) and a roughly 12" diameter tire. it just seems a little close to the ground sometimes, especially if i lean in to a left turn. maybe a 60 tooth would be better in my case. any suggestions?
Manki, post which engine you're running, and number of teeth on your clutch. You can get a pretty accurate answer that way.

I just went through the same thing with my Arco. The scrub brake would not allow a bigger tire. I didnt want to make it any faster. I have the PMR Jackshaft on the HF 79CC engine.

I ended up getting a 60 tooth sprocket and the Jackshaft sprocket to keep the final drive the same. I did have to reweld the scrub brake to make the bracket higher sos not to hit the chain.

Worked well.

If you have a bigger engine and a decent clutch, you can go to a 60 tooth no problem. I have a Fox with a Pred 212 and a 60 Tooth on a cheapo clutch and it pulls fine.

manki

I just went through the same thing with my Arco. The scrub brake would not allow a bigger tire. I didnt want to make it any faster. I have the PMR Jackshaft on the HF 79CC engine.

I ended up getting a 60 tooth sprocket and the Jackshaft sprocket to keep the final drive the same. I did have to reweld the scrub brake to make the bracket higher sos not to hit the chain.

Worked well.

If you have a bigger engine and a decent clutch, you can go to a 60 tooth no problem. I have a Fox with a Pred 212 and a 60 Tooth on a cheapo clutch and it pulls fine.
thanks m8 !