A Saape Powell - and James didn't buy it!

Last edited:

Neck

Growing up is optional
SAAPE, now I remember, Transdapts logo, or goes like a Stripped Ass Ape. I was not aware Powell and Transdapt were associated.

SAAPE, now I remember, Transdapts logo, or goes like a Stripped Ass Ape. I was not aware Powell and Transdapt were associated.
Yes Neck
Had a conversation with Alan Powell a few years ago apparently Willie Garner use to work for Powell.. Where he purchased a few Powell mini bikes and was given permission to put his logo on them and sell them as "SAAPE" pit bikes.
There was a long going question which came first the Powell or the SAAPE..

According to Powell records 154-24 is one of the bikes that was sold to Trans Dapt

Hounddog

Nice Bike Paul! Another addition to the expanding collection.:thumbsup:

Thanks Bayman for all the background info!:thumbsup:

HD

MiniBike Paul

Between me and you we will make Camarillo a known Powell enclave! But, I didn't really expand as I gave a Powell C ( it's ok, I kept a C as well) for this one!

Also, between us, we have the only Powells sold in the last year to anyone other then you know who!

Pauls new Saape/Powell

Hi everyone,
This is Bill Siples, the gentleman that made the deal with Paul on the early Saape. It has been a pleasure getting to know Paul during the transaction and also talking with James.
Sorry I haven't got too involved with the club and events but I plan to in the future and promise to post some pictures of my new C model when I get it home. I have some other Powells as well and will post some pics of them too.
A special thanks goes to Don (Bay Burrito) for being a good friend and help put this deal together.
Dinner on me when I make it up north Don!
Bill

Hey Bill
Thank you for the kind words..I'm so happy things worked out for all parties concerned!!
I promises dinner won't cost you much :laugh:

Also thank you for loaning me the early style shifter and thanks to Scott and his fathers shop for doing such a great job on fabrication..

Last edited:

james c

i wish i could have bought that bike bike but i just could not afford it right now.
i sold my harley and atc to make ends meet. you may see many more of my stuff for sale soon if my job as a hooker does not pay off:censure:

i wish i could have bought that bike bike but i just could not afford it right now.
i sold my harley and atc to make ends meet. you may see many more of my stuff for sale soon if my job as a hooker does not pay off:censure:
Wanna sell me a Powell throttle? :biggrin:

MikeBear

I suggest a real short dress, to accentuate your legs, and make sure you find a good street corner! :pimp: :laugh: :lol::lol:

Just funnin with you! :thumbsup: