animal briggs changeover

I just picked up a 5hp. briggs that is run alcohol.It runs awsome,but alcohol and changing oil all the time sucks.It is on a racing go cart.My question is,can I put the old small jet in it instead of alcohol jet in the carb,and then run good gas?Or is there more to it then that?Any help would be great,I would like to use it for my latest mini build.Thanks

1stlegendtx

I just picked up a 5hp. briggs that is run alcohol.It runs awsome,but alcohol and changing oil all the time sucks.It is on a racing go cart.My question is,can I put the old small jet in it instead of alcohol jet in the carb,and then run good gas?Or is there more to it then that?Any help would be great,I would like to use it for my latest mini build.Thanks
That's it. Just change to a gas jet and it should be fine. The Methanol is allot more corrosive so you may need to clean the tank and change the diaphragm but that should be it.:thumbsup:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Leave it as is
If you don't know what your doing and it runs fine leave it alone. Changing oil isn't that much of a problem if it's running good.

The timing will need to be changed, and maybe the whole carb. Who's to say, until you start playing with it, and it doesn't run good. Beside going back to gas, your gonna loose some horsepower, and bottomend torque.