Another Stellar delema

So I thought I got all of the bearing out of these wheels by hammering lightly with a long screw driver from the other side. But did I leave an outer casing there or something? And I can't get to it from the other side cuz there is a rise or like a ledge behind it. OR is this part of a very deep bearing? We're the old ones like an inch deep? Any ideas for getting this out? Thinking of hammering with a screw driver sideways against it and just bend it so I can grab it with pliers.

Sometimes the bearing race gets seized in the wheel. I use a little penitent and a propane torch to expand the aluminum wheel. Being careful not to set myself or the shop on fire.

Sometimes the bearing race gets seized in the wheel. I use a little penitent and a propane torch to expand the aluminum wheel. Being careful not to set myself or the shop on fire.
Ricky, with that penitent oil, there is no way you will catch fire. Self flagellate maybe. :laugh: Don't ya love "auto-correct?"

its not tapered he just doesn't have all of the old bearing out ! those wheels are the same as yours :thumbsup:
Right you are, my Stellar Lovin friend. Ive looked very carefully under a magnifying lens and you can see exactly that. Its looking like its welded together practically. What a mess. I'll just get a new Limtco rear wheel.

you make that sound so easy :laugh::laugh: and it might be for you :thumbsup: but all you have to do is move or pry gently that spacer between the bearings out of the way a little . and bang the rest of the bearing out with a hammer and screw driver and then the other side with a socket and extension . it does not matter if it frozen in there it will come out with some persuasion :thumbsup:

you make that sound so easy :laugh::laugh: and it might be for you :thumbsup: but all you have to do is move or pry gently that spacer between the bearings out of the way a little . and bang the rest of the bearing out with a hammer and screw driver and then the other side with a socket and extension . it does not matter if it frozen in there it will come out with some persuasion :thumbsup:
We tried. Its effing in there.. Just yankin yer chain abt goin to get a new one. Already got it. Lol.

But ill contine to work on the old one.

it's cool :thumbsup: you just happen to be lucky enough to have access to a lot of nos stellar parts
OK I got it off. I weakened it with a dremel bit down the sides and was able to pop it off sideways. Even so it was stuck like glue. But I think it'll be fine. A little chipping here n there but the bearings will sit nice. Thanks for all your ideas. But you really need to see this thing in person to appreciate the level of rust.

Wheel for sale!! Wheel for sale!!