Anyone heard anything about AGK?

C9H13NO3

So I ordered a billet flywheel and they said they will ship it when it comes in stock, but its been 3 weeks since I received my order. Has anyone else tried to get one recently and had no luck?

Wrong answer

:hammer:
cancell the order and order directly from ARC....

I met Shane, his whole family wife and kids at Ventura.

Please give it two more weeks before you blow your head gasket, they are good people and I have tremendous respect for all of them.

Shane is one very lucky man!

TT

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I would cancel and order it direct. i tried to order that flywheel directly from him once and he was on back order. So I just went straight to the source. Now you waited 3 weeks, and you would have had it in a week from ARC.

vette66_00

I agree cancel the order and order it from ARC directly. TT this is not a personal matter how one feels about a certain person, its business if Shane doesn't stock them and cant get them in 3 weeks there's something up, it silly to wait 5 weeks for a part you could have gone straight to the source to get in a week.

ARC Racing Home Page

I doubt very much that ARC would ship direct before they would ship to one of their distributors. My guess is that either ARC is backlogged or AGK owes them money and can't get product. There are other stocking dealers out there though.

I agree cancel the order and order it from ARC directly. TT this is not a personal matter how one feels about a certain person, its business if Shane doesn't stock them and cant get them in 3 weeks there's something up, it silly to wait 5 weeks for a part you could have gone straight to the source to get in a week.

ARC Racing Home Page
I couldn't agree more. I am going to try to cancel my hydro brake pre-order and order from hot rod mini bikes, He says there arriving to him very soon.

agk

First of all, we do not have any customers who have been waiting three weeks for an ARC flywheel.

This is racing season and we are busier than we ever imagined we would be. Our inventory consist of thousands of parts and it's impossible to keep them all in stock all the time.

The ARC flywheels are currently out of stock and we have two customers on our backorder list. This list is not three weeks old. In our last order with ARC we ordered more flywheels than we ever have. ARC said they did not have that many ready to ship and they would have to assemble more. We will wait until they are assembled and shipped so we can fill backorders and replenish inventory. The expected delivery date is Tuesday the 13th.

The hydraulic brake assemblies for the Doodlebug have been on backorder a long time. We have one supplier and we have been working like crazy to find a new supplier. Feel free to cancel your order and place the order with Hot Rod Mini Bikes, but what you will quickly discover is that we work closely with Hot Rod Mini Bikes and Brad and I use the same supplier for the brake assemblies. So we will be getting the hydraulic brake assemblies the same time they do.

When I'm a customer and I order parts I will get impatient too if the parts are not shipped in a reasonable amount of time. Just know that all of our customers are welcome to call or email for the status of their order or for parts availability.

AGK apologizes for having parts on backorder from time to time. We are doing our best to keep up with the growing demand for Honda and clone racing parts. We continue to develop new parts for the Doodlebug and Baja Warrior. We love mini bikes and are having a blast being a part of the mini bike craze. If you don't hate us at this point, feel free to check our mini bike page regularly. We have many new parts being developed right now.

AGK

AGK- I know that it's not your fault that some of your parts are not in stock. I like both companys and think both are top notch comapanys, but I think i'am speaking for everyone that customers want to have there product now and right then. I have nothing against AGK, but all I want is to have my product now(nothing against anyone) "N" no hard feelings. Good luck with all of the back orders!:thumbsup:

Shane
I want to clarify my post. I wasn't suggesting that you were in fact on hold with ARC. I was stating that those were the only two possibilities that I could think of which would cause a delay of 3+ weeks. I was quite confident that it was in fact ARC that was behind. I have ordered and received parts very promptly from AGK and will continue to make them my first choice because of price, unique products, and the fact that they have embraced the mini bike community. Many of the kart guys turn their noses up at the mini bikers and have suffered in the wallet because of it. AGK's tech diy's are awesome and they have some items that you can't get other places. Yes, it would be nice if there were more prompt communications; but that is the only fault I have found with AGK.

Best
KD

I think I'm going to leave the order with AGK. I have always had great service with them so ill just wait. And, I don't know if ill be able to cancel one part that was part of a $589.27 purchase :laugh:

MiniBike Paul

Getting started in this minibike engine thing about 16 months ago, I found AGK and immediately started using his free tech guides, or DIY's as Korny called them. When I needed parts I figured i owed him something and so did business with him.

I know from my own business experience that you cannot always have everything in stock and I know that AGK, Shane, is on top of it; if he backorders me I know he is waiting for his supplier.

In both my business and personal lives I believe in loyalty to my vendors; I have extremely long relationships with the people I buy from, and in return I get the same loyalty. Further, I pick those people based on their character and mentality as much as their inventory.

In this case, Shane is the nicest, most straight forward honest guy ever. He lives less than an hour from me and I have met and spent time with him, as has everybody who raced Ventura #1. He is also an experienced business man with a strong computer and numbers background, so I trust his being on top of reordering.

If you need to go elsewhere, so be it; but, this is a pretty small hobby and for sure AGK is a GOOD friend to the minibike scene! It is about way more than just selling stuff; he worries about having the right stuff, and as you have seen with his new product emails he is trying to have what we need! Luckily for the hobby there are some others who also care about doing the right thing!

No mistake I have ordered from both. But when a part is out of stock at a store I'm guilty of going to the next store to find it.

I'm loyal to the best deal on the same part. If one place is out of it or is HIGHER in shipping you darn right I'm going to the next place. If I can save $5 that's gas I can ride with. Most people would agree. Some have endless cash flow and could careless, and that's there prerogative, but don't tell me I'm wrong cause I'm trying to save a bit o cash.

Neither AGK or ARC have come to my aid with parts or personal service, but I'm sure both have great people...
In business if there a gap somebody will fill it whether in customer service or in price of product and each have there place.

Last edited:
Wow!,

This thread took a turn. I am surprised that Shane spoke up. It's a simple deal of supply and demand. I got a brake cable real fast when other's could not. I have a great supplier and a kind man to satisfy my needs or wants. I have used Nr-Racing alot, However were speaking about AGK. If ARC sells to the public it may hurt their business. They must keep their suppliers happy because they buy inventory not just parts. I don't alway's go with the cheapest guy or business. I go with what feels right at the time. I am leaning towards Shane now over Russell on a few issues even though Russell has sent me parts for free as donations for cancer research.
All four companies in any order are choice # 1 NR, AGK, HOT ROD BRAD and Hent.

They all deserve your kindness and business.

TT :thumbsup:

Chris. I agree with you as well. If the race is Saturday and you need the part, go with whom has it and can get it to the fastest so you can install it a race, that makes perfect sense.......:laugh: :shrug: :eek:ut: :scooter: :blink:

Last edited:

MiniBike Paul

Vette you said, "Neither AGK or ARC have come to my aid with parts or personal service" - well, if you asked and they were not there to help you then they do not deserve your business, that is a fact!
I sure as hell do not have endless money, but for a few dollars I would not change where i do business! Experience has taught me that in the long run, the best "deal" is not about the best price on an item, but entails much more!
TT mentioned that he can get parts, even when others are having a hard time getting the same thing - and I am sure that is because he has been loyal to that supplier, not basing his choice on 1 item, but rather looking at the bigger picture, or long haul if you prefer.
Whatever works for you is good, lucky we are not all the same!

Last edited:
Vette you said, "Neither AGK or ARC have come to my aid with parts or personal service"
I tried to call and email them to get info but never heard back called NR racing they got right back to me and answered my question

MiniBike Paul

I know there are a bunch of guys on here who own their own businesses, as I do, or manage someone else's business! Well, for me the message is loud and clear - take care of the people who contact you!

The common thread in this thread is the desire to get proper service and then a good price!

In my company, we have an employee meeting every monday morning; tomorrow, I will tell them about this thread and, once more, I will make damn sure we are returning calls and keeping people informed on the progress of their business with us!