ARCO Project

I dont suppose those new ohv type engines have any adjustment screws on them do they? like under the carb bowl nut? or on the side, opposite of the fuel inlet? even if not, theres still things that need to be really cleaned out. obviously on the main jet holding the bowl on theres a hole or two there that needs to be really clean. and I think theres actually a secret jet, behind some plastic round piece where the idle adjustment needle used to be. theres a jet in there that you can unscrew. that thing has tiny holes that need to be blasted clean also! the engine will never run right if these parts aren't cleaned out good! this place shows that type of carb, and where all the holes and jets are. Disassembly, Cleaning and Repair of Tecumseh Carb 640017
Thanks for the tip and link!
I did clean out the low speed jet or needle behind the plastic capped piece though it was allready pretty clean.
But....I'm not really sure I checked the bowl nut.?. Woops. I'll check tomorrow.
Also, I'm going to try with stock air filter tomorrow. The k&n filter might be feeding to much air.
In the end, I might try a fresh carb replacement on ebay if all else fails.

Last edited:
Tore the carb down again. Adjusted the float level using the thickness of a 13/64" drill bit as seen in a youtube video. Cleaned the tiny air passages in the bowl nut and low speed jet as shown in below link. (Thanks jrzmac)
Disassembly, Cleaning and Repair of Tecumseh Carb 640017
Also, the low speed jet was turned out 1 1/2 turns which was incorrect. It needed to be screwed in all the way.
After re-assembly, it now runs great! :scooter:

I'll probably will have to change the jackshaft gearing as the front wheel lifts a little to easy. Otherwise, it rides and brakes real good.

I came back to look at my old build thread. Makes me want to start a new one! I have to finish a car build first.

Thanks again everyone for all the advice and comments. Great forum!