Arctic Cat custom build

After having my frame so quickly ID'd by Simple Tom and the Restore Kid,I have decided to build my first custom mini around it. 1st step was to strip off the cruddy paint it had been bathed in at some point in the last 40 years. Just a little light rust and a bit of corrosion where I assume the gas tank would rest was a comforting sight.

then,correct some of the sour owl s#!+ welds at the down tube/motor mount.

broke out the torch and laid down a few beads to build up the area and then smoothed it all out with the grinder.

tomorrow,I'll weld in a reinforcing sleeve over the joint,and then,on to a new tubular extended swing arm..

Thats going to be quite the bike.. Those Arctic Cats are :drool: to begin with.. And it looks like you are planning a real clean build.. :thumbsup: Your grind work is superb.. :grind: Those frames just look tough anyways.. They look like it should have some polished aluminum long thin cylinder tank hanging under that frame rail.. :drool: They just look dragster-ish or something.. :lol: I always did like those Arctic Cats.. :scooter: either a Dragster or a stretched out crazy hill climbing bike :drool: Maybe a low bellied crotch roket.. :drool:

Hell you can go a million ways with that frame.. :lol:

Ha,I see you have your own "arctic cat". To tell the truth,I like round tubing and pipe,but prefer my body panels and tins to be of the angular persuasion. But I see what you mean about this frame lending itself to many different styles. Hell, even my foam mock up chopper tank looks good on there.:doah:

Stop putting ideas in my head kid! I got a pile of cat in the shed wanting a life :laugh: That foam tank does look like it could work really well on there :thumbsup:

Welded up the arms today,after stretching them a couple more inches. When the bearings come for my Rupp spokes,I'll line it all up and cut the axle slots and weld in a brace across the arm.

I'm told they are Rupp 10"er's from 1970. Made by Grimeca in Italy. I got them from Edwin, along with a spare set of knobbies,rear brake and some sprockets.A great deal.Keep an eye on the classified down below.
On a side note,my Bonneville came with Italian made spoked wheels that I was paranoid with because of the tubes,so I pulled them and got a set of tubeless Dymag 3 spoke rims. REAL magnesium wheels,made in England and the only set ever made for a new Bonneville. I don't have any qualms about tubes or spokes on a mini bike. Crazy.

Looks good (like a flat tracker) Any pics of the front end?
Here's one.First set of forks I've ever built. Total overkill with the 3/8" flat stock and the 1x2 box tubing,and needs some grinding and rounding,but it rolls straight and stiff.Turns easy on the bronze bushes though.

Its a roller. Went with the hardtail after my girlfriend asked if I was gonna put suspension on her Azusa too. But its a bolt on hardtail in case she ever comes to her senses and dumps me..:thumbsup: