Aweome shape 80202 motor

This was giving to me today by my Dads friend who was just gonna throw it out. It was off an older Montgomery Ward garden mark snowblower. The whole thing was cherry for its age, but thinking this motor would be an awesome addition to my my growing mini collection. Just seeing what you guys think of it. :punk::punk::punk::punk:

yeah I figured that didnt know 1 was the production line though cool thanks. I was just impressed in the condition of this motor( original stickers are still on it and legible. :thumbsup:

Check the magnets for rust, clean the points, gas tank and carb, put it on a bike and don't touch another thing--it looks great--a true engine survivor!:thumbsup:

Check the magnets for rust, clean the points, gas tank and carb, put it on a bike and don't touch another thing--it looks great--a true engine survivor!:thumbsup:
Couldn't agree with you more. Gonna drop this beauty off at an old timer in the area who cleans and restores old engines. Usually I would do it myself but this one is way to cherry. Want the old( but in great shape) to shine. Now onto finding a small mini worthy of this gem.

One thing to check--make sure the crank is long enough to fit a clutch. I am not familiar with snow blowers but know the some roto tillers had short cranks on them and our clutches for the bikes won't fit unless you swap out the crank.

nice score! iv got one from the early 60s 5hp just like that. couldnt believe it when i saw the year and it runs a dream. sometimes those old snowblowers have a centrifical clutch too so its a double bonus. guess you didnt get that lucky though :laugh:

sonerenos

I've been on the hunt for a 68 80202. Interested in letting this go? I know this was almost 5 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes