Azusa build (with ground effects!)

Hello—I read the forums quite a bit prior to building my Azusa, so definitely wanted to pay it forward by posting my completed build.

My first minibike experience was seeing my cousin’s wrecked Montgomery Ward minibike in a barn as a kid. Parents said ‘aboslutely not’ to restoring that or buying a new one, so I waited, uh, 25 some years to finally build one. My 3 boys won’t have to wait so long.  I bought the straight up Azusa kit with 6” wheels, and bought a new 6 hp Subaru Robin engine (with low-profile cap—sound familiar?).

David over at Groody Brothers Bicycle Restoration in Kansas City, Kansas did an incredible job with the powdercoating. Check them out!

Overall, assembly was smooth. Should have put more thought into welding footpeg brackets like others do here. My buddy Aaron rigged up some All-Thread for now since the engine sticks out on the right. Lesson learned for the next build.

The really fun part—rigged up some blue LED ground effects. $18 apiece at Wal-Mart. Found some $3 kill switches on eBay to turn on and off at the handgrips. Mounted 2 strips under the engine plate, 2 strips under the seat (pictured) to show off the badass Subaru engine. Ha ha. Headlight is my bicycle light.

YouTube Minibike Groundeffects

Thanks to Ryan for a video of buzzing the neighborhood. :thumbsup:

bandit 40

looks great :thumbsup: just watch out for those curb feelers when you make a sharp turn :eek:
I wonder how it would look in all white with a black light ...huh