Baja Doodlebug 6.5hp

My friend got pulled over by the cops on my DB and now my parents are making me sell it... Thought I'd start here.

This is a pretty bare bike. It's pretty much just the frame with a 6.5hp engine from harbor freight in it (model 66015).

The brakes don't work. I have no idea what's wrong with them I put new pads on I think they just need a new cable maybe?

The engine its self works fine and is brand new (put on 4 days ago).

The frame is still solid and the only missing parts are just the fenders and chain tensioner.

I will post pictures ASAP

Bike is located in Branford, CT

Pick-up only unless someone would be willing to pay for the shipping

I'm asking $300 starting. We might be able to work the price down a bit. I know this is a lot, but I need to get rid of this thing and I already put $240 into it on just the engine

My friend got pulled over by the cops on my DB and now my parents are making me sell it... Thought I'd start here.

This is a pretty bare bike. It's pretty much just the frame with a 6.5hp engine from harbor freight in it (model 66015).

The brakes don't work. I have no idea what's wrong with them I put new pads on I think they just need a new cable maybe?

The frame is still solid and the only missing parts are just the fenders and chain tensioner.

I'm asking $300 starting. We might be able to work the price down a bit. I know this is a lot, but I need to get rid of this thing and I already put $240 into it on just the engine
man, how did your parents find out?

Man that sucks. :angry: And your parents probably had to pay the towing fee also. Good luck on your Sale man. :thumbsup: :biggrin:

Man that sucks. :angry: And your parents probably had to pay the towing fee also. Good luck on your Sale man. :thumbsup: :biggrin:
No I had to pay the towing fee. It wasn't much though because the man who owns the wrecker just so happens to be my next-door neighbor.

Do you guys think $300 is asking too much?

No I had to pay the towing fee. It wasn't much though because the man who owns the wrecker just so happens to be my next-door neighbor.

Do you guys think $300 is asking too much?
I dont think $300 is too much if you're trying to sell it local, you have a bunch in it. Selling it here may be tough unless someone from your area sees it, shipping is stupid expensive! Sorry to hear you have to sell!

joekd

He got a $135 ticket
..and still should have paid the towing bill also. I would be ashamed if I got caught using anything I borrowed and didn't pay all the penalties.

As for the $300 price, no way to know if it is fair without seeing pics of exactly what you are selling.

I don't care if the fee was $1, I would still demand that he pay it since he was the one riding
FMC was aware he and his friend were taking a chance by street riding, the kid got a ticket but FMC was responsible for the minibike being ridden and is the owner. Therefore he is responsible for the impound and towing fees. If they had been riding on a vacant lot and he just took off down the street it would be different, then he would have taken it out of FMC's hands. I know it sounds like I'm trying to be a hard ass, but I have a 15yo son who has some minibikes and is forbidden to let anyone ride them. But if he did and a buddy was caught street riding I would blame my son for allowing it, and take the $ out of his allowance and bank account! I think having to sell the minibike is a bit extreme, but I'm a parent who loves minibikes. I'd find a different punishment!:thumbsup:

just tell her you put all this money into it and your not gonna sell it, then tear up the front lawn... kidding but if your pops doesnt mind im sure there can be some agreement, put it away and dont touch it for a couple months. You barely even got the motor broken too!?

Didnt think brandford even had cops what was he one the Post Rd. or something?

pics...

MiniBike Paul

Sooner or later we must stand up to the women or forever let them make the rules. I love ya, ladies, but I am keeping my toy(s)! FMC show us what you are made of! (Wonder how old you are - but, you cannot start fighting for the motorized toys too early!!)
Imagine a cop calling a tow truck for a minibike- you should have taken a picture and given it to the local newspaper, and a copy to the mayor and police chief!
Now, we need to get your mom angry at these guys who would deny us our American Freedom to terrorize the neighborhood on our doodlebugs! Humbug! Hurrumff!

BTW - i'm in my sixties!

Man that sucks you have to sell. Your dad needs to put his foot down and tell your mom the bike stays. I got 2 tickets when I was a kid for riding on the street. My worst punishment was I couldnt ride for a week. Was your friend riding like an idiot or was the cop just an a-hole? Tell your dad to read some of these posts becuase he needs to sack up to your mom.
Just my 2 cents !! Goos luck !!

maddcarson

Mabey you and your dad can hide it somwhere, and whens shes not home you can bring it out, snicker like little children:laugh:, and ride it:scooter:

joekd

My wife has wanted to sell my sons dirtbike 100 times already, everytime I remind her that we spent none of the "family" money on it and I say it stays, to say the least it is still here