Basic Bob drag bike build-up

I'm going to do a project for this bike since I've never seen anyone do one about decking out their "Temecula Bob" frame. I've seen some of the higher end frames like what JD built up, and that thing was a helluva build thread. This is the distant little cousin down the line of the Legendary Bob Drag Bikes.

I started with what Bob calls his "Basic" drag frame. 50" wheel base, no front suspension and a removable clamp-on scrub brake. I am still running ideas in my head on a disc brake set up for the finishing touch towards the end of the build.

This is it sitting in CA after Bob was done with it.

And here it is in it's initial wheel/tire mockup in Texas, it's new home.

C9H13NO3

I'm going to do a project for this bike since I've never seen anyone do one about decking out their "Temecula Bob" frame. I've seen some of the higher end frames like what JD built up, and that thing was a helluva build thread. This is the distant little cousin down the line of the Legendary Bob Drag Bikes.

I started with what Bob calls his "Basic" drag frame. 50" wheel base, no front suspension and a removable clamp-on scrub brake. I am still running ideas in my head on a disc brake set up for the finishing touch towards the end of the build.

This is it sitting in CA after Bob was done with it.

And here it is in it's initial wheel/tire mockup in Texas, it's new home.

I thought everything was bigger in Texas?

Some advice from another member for added frame support:hammer:

And a tach mount plate I added on as well.

The welds on Bob's bikes are :drool::bowdown:

Last edited:
Engine plate came with no mounting holes to give the rider more flexibility when mounting whatever engine where ever they need to mount it. I decided to use a ProMod engine plate so I had plenty of room for adjustments.

Here's my not so neat (anymore) work bench...:doah:

Lining up sprocket/clutch

:bowdown: Got a smoking deal on this Bully

Billet Drag Sprocket courtesy of Yellowhand. And that sucker spins true and straight as an arrow Mark :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Oh and a side note....if you buy the 'cut-your-own-size' spacer from OMBW, I hope you got a good cutting tool!! Holy crap these things are beefy. This one broke a cut off wheel on a huge chop saw.
Sitting next to a stock DB spacer

It threw me for a loop when I first unboxed this frame, you'd never think they were this slammed from looking at them in pictures without anything next to it for perspective....

Here it is next to a DB, rear axles are lined up on both bikes :eek:hmy:
:eek:hmy:

I want to build a bike with a TB frame. I don't need a drag bike, would probably never run a drag bike but his frames are just so nice I would love to build one. Park it in the living room next to the TV just to look at it.

I want to build a bike with a TB frame. I don't need a drag bike, would probably never run a drag bike but his frames are just so nice I would love to build one. Park it in the living room next to the TV just to look at it.
I agree. Selling my drag frame yielded me alot more than I had into it, but I miss it now.

Maybe I'll make a square tube drag frame, just to sit and look at :biggrin:

I really like the rear wheel and tire and sproket can you tell me what it is and what size, and where you got it?
Yellowhand sells the sprocket set uphttp://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/mini-bike-parts/46997-dragbike-sprockets.html. it just bolts right up to the Azusa Tri-star.
The wheel is a regular 6" Azusa but the 4" wide version to accept the wider tires. tire is 13x6.5x6 made by Zhong Ya. There is a place here locally that sells and services little pocket bikes and they carry a bunch of new tires for them. You can find them online though at e-tailers who sell pocket bike parts.

Last edited:

jprice

OldMiniBikes.com
looking good already! cant wait too see it all come together!
like the stretch on it, but damn that thing is low,knee dragger, but if ya fall you wont have a far fall lol
where did ya get that clutch ?
looks great man keep us posted for sure!