Basic Bob drag bike build-up

They are some nice welds. Looks to be TIG welded.
Chad, they are indeed TIG welds. I think they speak for themselves on behalf of the builder of these frames. :bowdown:

Easy to say when you weigh 75lbs wet in boots.:laugh:

Nice work Bungle! you got anybody to challenge there in Texas with that bad boy?!
Not at this moment, but hopefully some of these other Texans will build something to do just that :devil2: bring it boys.

Thanks for Reppin Texas, Man
I'm too curious to just watch all this speed going on in the rest of the country, gotta try things out myself down here!:thumbsup:

Ratbike

I'm too curious to just watch all this speed going on in the rest of the country, gotta try things out myself down here!:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

You go brotha!!!:scooter::thumbsup:

Neck

Growing up is optional
No, seriously they look great! as long as you have enough finger clearance to get to the parts on the back wheel you need to get to their fine.

Found this thread, was researching minidragbikes today. Those Bob frames look good! Looks like the way to go for minidragbike. Has anyone seen this link? http://pitpoppers.com/Mini_Drag_Bike.html. A different idea.

If I ever build one we would have to run brackets, from the sound of that engine. :thumbsup: Don't know I will ever build one, but have been thinking about it a lot. :smile:

the back one looks a little too big ...but maybe not....I'm not a drag racer.

..front one looks good, maybe a "lightning" hole or two bored in them to make it fancy....also I would trim them slightly so they end up in the center of the tube not at the edge...just think it will look better....my 2cents ....

Alright so they're in. The rear did turn out bigger and honkier looking than I expected, but you know what they say about Texas....:hammer:

My friend Joe is generous enough to let me use his welding stuff/equip as long as I buy him some cold ones:drinkup: The only thing he has for cutting pieces out of metal is a torch and I hate the damn thing. I guess I'm not comfortable using it yet but it sure does make my skin crawl when it's popping the shit out of the metal I cut yesterday. Guess it's normal, I haven't used this type of stuff (welder / torch) ever until this past year:crying:

Enough talk! Here a before and after of the first gusset.:repuke: After this it was a breeze (not).

Here is the dog, Chato, who won't move the hell out of the way EVER.

And a random chicken that Joe has in a coop. Weird kind with feathers all the way down to it's feet:confused: (name unknown)

I still need to clean up the front gussets to make the arc look smoother. Like I said, the rear gusset is huge:laugh: but the rear axle mount is enforced! I did the weld on the rear side of the gusset around the lip of the axle mount so I wouldn't have any clearance/symmetry issues when tightening down an axle on the outside.