bent axle tab Bonanza-help

The rear axle tab on my bonanza is bent pretty bad and I want to try and heat it up and straighten it, my concern is i dont want to bend the frame or crack the existing weld. any pointers would be appreciated.

125ccCrazy

if you have a pipe wrench that will open wide enough to fit the flange (top and bottom) you should be able to twist it back with no heat and not effect the frame or welds... some heat would help but shouldn't be necessary...

Yeah, what Crazy said. I would clamp the frame down on the end of a strong table,put the wrench on it ( or george3 )and bend it. You might have to put a piece of pipe over the wrench for more leverage.

Yeah, what Crazy said. I would clamp the frame down on the end of a strong table,put the wrench on it ( or george3 )and bend it. You might have to put a piece of pipe over the wrench for more leverage.
ok thanx guys, should I grab it close to the frame or the edge of flange where the axle slot is?

From what I can see, I would put the wrench on the panel that has the chain adjuster holes.:shrug:
Or drive to my house and we can fix it there.
ok, thanx Ed..i'll give that a shot, I appreciate your offer...If I need to come to your house, it's because I f^cked it up.:thumbsup:

I don't think it's bent...it looks like the tab is welded onto the frame in the wrong spot.

I've had quite a few frames with axle mounts welded out of alignment with the frame...makes me wonder whether or not they actually used frame jigs when they were made.

I don't think it's bent...it looks like the tab is welded onto the frame in the wrong spot.

I've had quite a few frames with axle mounts welded out of alignment with the frame...makes me wonder whether or not they actually used frame jigs when they were made.
good point yellowhand, I suppose that's possible, in order for me to even get it close I tore the bracket...evil ed, i'm gonna need you.

george3

The rear axle tab on my bonanza is bent pretty bad and I want to try and heat it up and straighten it, my concern is i dont want to bend the frame or crack the existing weld. any pointers would be appreciated.
The left one sure looks bent up I can see the buckle in it. Did you get this fixed?

Fixed ! Jim will post the pic.
Thanx a million Ed for hooking me up with a "good guy" on that tab fab. came out good. I shot pics of the bike after I got it together. I will shoot a pic of the tab close up later, I gotta get off to work right now. my beater BC 1100 frame courtesy of george3 and fixxin's by bigevilone

george3

Thanx a million Ed for hooking me up with a "good guy" on that tab fab. came out good. I shot pics of the bike after I got it together. I will shoot a pic of the tab close up later, I gotta get off to work right now. my beater BC 1100 frame courtesy of george3 and fixxin's by bigevilone
Thanks for that post, lol. I didnt know it was bent. I would of repaired it before I sold it or not sold it at all.

Nice seat !!!:thumbsup: