"Best" carb for Predator on minibike?

Billet rod
PVL flywheel
Black Mamba
Big valves
Aggressive porting
12:1
TAV or Comet

I'm considering a conventional Mikuni 24/26mm (not oval-venturi chi-kuni most have), or a Tillotson for the ease of tweaking screws versus jet swaps.

I have a 24 flat slide on a honda 200 build by NR racing , and its a great carb . But i just put a Daytona 190 on a Bonanza MX and the Kiehin 28 that it came with is the best carb i have ever dealt with . Also the mikuni 26mm 606 carb is good also , have one on a piaranha 140 that i just put on a SSR sba roller .

Oh also if you plan on building a big HP motor with 9k plus revs , good luck with the TAV . I tried one on my super powell and the NR motor had its way with it .

Hey one more thing i know your into pit bikes and that type motors so check out my Bonanza MX project with a Dyatona 190 . That thing is stupid fast .

Chi-kuni is a great carb as the jetting is easy for your setup just plug and play. 130 main jet and 15 stock or 17.5 pilot.

I had a 24/26 Mikuni clone on a Lifan 140 and it performed great after jetting.Thinking on one for 212 after the Black Mamba JR and other necessary bits.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I'll flow an unshrouded 14cc vs an 18, run fairly tight quench, and let compression fall where it may. The cam should work fine at 12:1. Maybe a little soft on top, but I'm aiming at a killer midrange rather than highest peak numbers. Fat kid likes area under the curve.
Wait, are you running gas or alky?
Long distance or drag racing?

IJG

Better Fuel !

I cannot emphasize enough how much better a higher octane & higher quality fuel makes. :thumbsup: I want some racing fuel.:crying:
When i lived in New Jersey, Cam 2 was the 113 octane racing stuff.
I will look further into it locally.

Racing fuel only makes a difference if you are experiencing detonation. Otherwise, it is a waste of $$$.

I have used Trick, VP and other "performance" fuels, and if there is no detonation, you are contributing to their profit.

Racing fuel only makes a difference if you are experiencing detonation. Otherwise, it is a waste of $$$.

I have used Trick, VP and other "performance" fuels, and if there is no detonation, you are contributing to their profit.

I'd have to see otherwise, but doubt that a tuned clone is much different than my tuned OHC singles. From pump premium, to C12 to MR12, we found notable differences in power with each step.