Best carburetor for intek 206

I have an intek 206 and am in need of an aftermarket carb. The stock one just isn't cutting it anymore. The real reason I want a new carb is there is no adjustment to it and it's running really lean I've cleaned it and decided I needed a new one. Then I thought why replace when I can upgrade? The only mods done to it is the govorner was removed and it has a straight pipe but, some people say thats why it's running lean but I've had it on there before and it ran perfect. The carb is messed up because it runs lean with the stock exhaust. So I was wondering what would be the best carb for my motor. I was thinking a stock animal carb or a tillotson carb. And if a tillotson is best which one is best because there are many. It will be running on gas too so no alky carbs.

jrzmac

you could try something like this. an intake manifold:
Briggs Animal Intake Manifold

and if you have the governor still intact, you could use a tecumseh carb:
Amazon.com: 632615 Tecumseh Carburetor: Patio, Lawn & Garden

or if the governor isn't being used, you could hook the throttle directly into a mikuni type carb:
KEIHIN 22mm Carburetor of High Quality with Hand Choke for 125cc ATV,Dirt Bike & Go Kart [N090-002] - $29.95 : , Chinesemotoparts.com

one thing I forgot, is the engine sitting flat on the frame, or is it slanted a little? If its slanted, I know a guy who makes 20* degree carb adapters that'll level out the carb....

I would definitely go with the Tecumseh fully adjustable 5 - 6 horse carb. If you can buy a brand new one of those things for like 30 bucks. That is easily the best bet. They run great, work great, easy to adjust..

the walboro on an animal is a good carb ithink its a pz 24 or pz26 i dont remember
a mikuni is also good
but you probably can get away with drilling the main jet on the stock carb unless you decide to run a cam

The major problem I have with the carb now is the passage between the gas inlet barb fitting and the hole that the needle valve plugs is blocked by something and I'm tired of messing with it. So I'll look into what you guys said but if somebody thinks they have an idea to fix the current carb I'm open to suggestions but I don't know if it will be worth it.