Best Gas Tank for a CAT300

JayQuan

I've been helping out my neighbor with fixing up his old neglected CAT, and we were thinking about finding a tank to use for it since the one on it now is mounted on the back and tends to make the bike pop some gnarly power wheelies. I know the tank on it isn't stock, they were origanally mounted on the front of the motor right? any ways a clone motor was installed. any thoughts on a tank that we would be able to mount more towards the front would be appreaciated. I will try and post pics in the next few days for you to get a better understanding of what im talking about, were going for a retro mod build since this bike has been seriously hacked in the past and not much is original on it right now.

JayQuan

its a 1 gallon tank mounted on what looks to be 2 old chair legs, that where welded to the frame, like I said this bike is pretty jacked up, Im not shure how much of it is the original cat

its a 1 gallon tank mounted on what looks to be 2 old chair legs, that where welded to the frame, like I said this bike is pretty jacked up, Im not shure how much of it is the original cat
Please DO NOT post a pic. :doah: I have 3 cats and they are better without clones. (square peg round hole) Put a small tank on top (like the cat tank posted)

After all, a chair has 4 legs. LOL!!!!!!!

GTO, The clone is way to big and makes to much torque for the CAT... My neighbor has the original Tec 3.5 for it but it doesnt run right, it just pisses gas out of the carb, he didnt want to pay the money to fix the original motor so he bought a clone..... :oops: