Best minibike kit???

So I have been looking at ebay craigslist etc....... I have seen some cool Azusa kits. Are they any good? Any other kits that mabey better for the same price or so?

I'm a Newbie at this stuff, and as it was recommended to me I will pass it along. For the price of some of the kits, it may be better to check CL or E-Bay for a roller. I found 2 different ones that I think were good deals and will cost little to get up and running. The benefit of a roller to me was that I could see how some of the stuff is set up.

I live in an area that seems to be devoid of old school mini's so I build a lot of kits. there is something to be said for a kit in that you have to assemble everything and that is a good learning experience. I've had both Azusa and Baddog kits. The baddog needed major fabbing to get it to work. I had to cut the frame bend and reweld just so I could line up the chain. So if your not ready for something like that I'd go with the Azusa. If you do get an Azusa save yourself alot of trouble and buy a clutch brake as the drum brakes they come with are kind of crappy.:thumbsup:

I like the azusas ,but whats the difference between the 8'' wheel and the 10''? Are they the same ride height with tires on? Or is the 8'' slightly lower with tires than the 10''. I may go do some camping with it no major terrain. It will be off road so which is better the 8'' or the 10'' wheel kit

Road Rocket Old School Minibike :: Mini Bike Minibikes Bikes Azusa Vintage

I love the look of this kit, its a Azusa, but I love the wheels and tires on it! I have been thinking a lot about getting one of these to build my clone up for!
Just FYI, the tires/wheels on this kit are the 10" but what they send you are the 8" which look completely different.

There is only one style of Azusa bike sold new with 5", 6", 8", and 10" wheel options. The 10" kit comes highly unrecommended because of wheel wobble issues.

We sell the same 8" wheel kit as this company for much less: Azusa Minibike Kit - 8" Wheels

The wheels on the 8" kit actually look like this: AZUSA TRI-STAR WHEEL - AZ1152

What is the cause of wheel Wobble ?

Just FYI, the tires/wheels on this kit are the 10" but what they send you are the 8" which look completely different.

There is only one style of Azusa bike sold new with 5", 6", 8", and 10" wheel options. The 10" kit comes highly unrecommended because of wheel wobble issues.

We sell the same 8" wheel kit as this company for much less: Azusa Minibike Kit - 8" Wheels

The wheels on the 8" kit actually look like this: AZUSA TRI-STAR WHEEL - AZ1152
Being that the Azusa Frame is welded in a jig and the rake of the neck for the front end is already set. And the With each choice of wheel diameter you will end up with different measurements of trail. The trail is so important in the ride ability of any two wheel and three wheel vehicles. On two wheel machines you do more leaning than turning so the higher your speed the less you turn and the more you lean the bike to make the turn. With the 10 inch diameter wheel you would probably have so little trail that just about anything can start the wobble. To correct this you would have to change the rake of the neck on the frame or make offset front end trees to give you back more trail. Goggle up motorcycle rake and trail calculator and they will show you how to measure the amount of trail.
Steve :scooter: