big mini bike

Oldsalt

Yes, it's an amature restoration but 25 grand is not out of line. A friend has a 47 and a 48 Cheif and would not peddle ether one for that money. You can just about buy a new Harley for that but this would be better to own unless a person likes long distance trips and a sore butt. Attached is my 41 Harley. On several occations I have been offered to trade it for a late model HD. To hell with the late model want-a-be junk.

Last edited:
i have to get my hands on an older bike now. thank you. nice bike!

and that big indian looks insane! i just need to put my bike vision over my naked eyes and i see what you mean

and how is your motorized bike doin? i always wanted to do that. its good you paved the way lol

Last edited:

Oldsalt

i have to get my hands on an older bike now. thank you. nice bike!

and that big indian looks insane! i just need to put my bike vision over my naked eyes and i see what you mean

and how is your motorized bike doin? i always wanted to do that. its good you paved the way lol
The motorized bike is still running with out a hitch. Rode it to Fat Cats Bar on Friday and rode it for a few miles this afternoon.

Oldsalt

anyone notice the upside down air cleaner cover? :laugh:
Damn you're sharp, I didn't see it and I looked at every picture picking apart the amature restoration. I thought the SW amp guage was bad. But the Jap tires used on late model rice grinders took the cake. Hell, original tires are in fact available [$$$] but the guy was going for ALL low buck stuff hopeing to find a buyer that doesn't know what he's looking at. But it's still a very desireable machine.

Yes, it's an amature restoration but 25 grand is not out of line. A friend has a 47 and a 48 Cheif and would not peddle ether one for that money. You can just about buy a new Harley for that but this would be better to own unless a person likes long distance trips and a sore butt. Attached is my 41 Harley. On several occations I have been offered to trade it for a late model HD. To hell with the late model want-a-be junk.
Nice knuckle.

Oldsalt

I like the 48 indian and the 41 harley both ones to own. I here the indians are much faster bikes. But some ruff rump rideing.
Possibly faster if you are talking 80 inch Indian flathead against 80 inch Harley flathead. I don't know. The racing flathead 45 Indians and the 45 Harleys were pretty evenly matched on the half mile and one mile flat tracks. Maybe a 45 Scout would blow off a Harley 45 on the street. But Indian never made an OHV street machine as Harley had been doing since '36 so 74 OHV against 74 OHV street bikes never happened. However, I'd put my 74 OHV against an 80 inch Indian or Harley flathead.

As for rough riding....both had "pogo" seats which made them the most confortable to ride of any bike I have ever been on, and that includes late model touring bikes with goofy "King and Queen" seats and other such nonsence.