Blazer 2 speed minibike

I'm looking to buy a BLAZER minibike. Name is stamped on each side of skirting.
There is a movable red handle in front of the seat that will let you change gearing to 2 different speeds. it has a v-belt vari-drive on the engine PTO.
Everything looks original to me but I'll let the experts tell me what I'm looking at. I think the green and white paint is original?
I don't know the year, engine size and what company made it? Is this machine valuable or collectable? What is too much to pay for it?
See photos:
Mike Cates, Carlsbad, CA.
(760) 473-6201
DSCN3797.JPG
DSCN3800.JPG
DSCN3801.JPG
DSCN3802.JPG
DSCN3803.JPG
DSCN3816.JPG
DSCN3808.JPG
DSCN3814.JPG
DSCN3807.JPG

Last edited:
Wooops, sorry about asking about how much it is worth. I just want the details like year, how long manufactured, engine size, etc.
Who else has one?
Thanks,
Mike Cates
(760) 473-6201

Thanks Thad.
The bike is going nowhere as a friend has owned it for years and it is not being advertised at all. Just up to him to decide on a price.
Mike Cates, CA.
(760) 473-6201

Blazer

I think the Blazers were only made a couple years in SLC. Later models were made in Japan. They were designed by engineers that came from Tote Gote. I think yours is very good example and original. Not sure about the color.

superflea,
Thanks for posting pictures.
Interesting to see developments in this short lived minibike such as the wider foot rest area in the front compared to the bike I'm looking at that has folding foot pegs(one is missing though), the additional sheet metal cover over the clutch area which is one long side cover on the left side on the bike I'm looking at, the two hand grab areas formed into the sheet metal along the top frame rail on each side and the rectangular cut outs near the bottom in the sheet metal on each side I assume are for adjusting r maintenance?
Keep these photos coming everyone so some research history can be made here!
Mike Cates, CA.

Last edited:

6doggie3

I had a chance to buy one 2 yrs ago for about 1/2 a grand lol!!
But I bought a H model Powell from the guy's collection instead not knowing how hard it
was to complete the Powell for $200 less than the Blazer?
The Blazer was complete and it was the red model .
Man I regret decision!!!! GO GET IT!!!