Blitz vs Doodlebug 30? Hard to beat at $169..

amt

Hi,

Well Ive decided to restore (for myself) the Taco 44 I just bought to put my son a new Doodlebug instead. Hes more excited about a shiny new one than the funky project on the garage floor anyway. I actually bought two of the Baja Blitzs on sale at Shucks for $169 each, so he and someone else can ride.

While we find your parts, please enter your ZIP Code at CSK Auto

So are these all exactly the same except for the paint color? Specs look that way but you never know. Are all the engines the same type/quality etc.

Also, can a larger sprocket be used to gear it down a bit. (I didnt do a search yet sorry) And any insight into making them better for 8-9 year olds is welcomed.

amt

they're basically the same. you could do a bigger sprocket but you'll have to buy a blank and drill it (no one makes an aftermarket sprocket for them). everything must be perfectly centered on it too.

it should be fine for a kid stock.

delray

thats the cheapest i ever seen them for sale. the people at checker parts here in town where saying couple months ago that they will not be selling them no more in the future with O'reilly taking over. maybe they are now trying to sell them off ?..............:scooter:

Hey amt where do you live? The Murray's (O'reilly's) by my house in Michigan is selling them for $299

anyone else see them for $169???

amt

Im in Eugene Or. I talked to the salesperson at the Schucks and he said that they are closing them out. Once they are gone, thats it - they wouldnt be selling them anymore. Im not familar with the chain really, but apparently the new owners are dumping minis and othe non-auto stuff.

So you may have to hunt them down by individual stores or do the online thing. Go to the link in my first post, check the availability and put in your zipcode. I will let you know the closest inventoried location for pickup.

Good luck.

amt

Last edited:
it looks like the Kragen that's 2 blocks from my place might have them for that price. i'm going to swing by after work.

one of the stores by me has one in stock for $169. i've got a little while before i'm off work to think about it.

Last edited:
i got the last one that the Kragen on Willow Pass in Concord had. it was the only store around here with one left. it was still in the crate too and just sitting in their back room.

now i need a plate from cjtmini and then my 5.5 is going in it. i think i'm going to try and find a 4 or 5hp flathead for my Cat frame.

mine is a Blitz and it's red.

I went to the Baja website. What's the diff between the DB30, blitz, the yellow one and the green one other than paint color? are there any differences? Just wondering. Thanks