Bonanza BC1100 Clean Up

Here are some shots from the clean up today. Nothing major...not a lot of disassembly. I basically took a jumbo can of WD-40 and sprayed it all over and scrubbed with a toothbrush. I have been cautioned against hard solvents so I decided to go with WD...as I think its a very light solvent. I don't know.

I'll be working on the BC1500 next. Its much cleaner than the BC1100 but its going to take more time. I don't know actually how long it will take. I'll post up as soon as I get it clean.

Man I love what you are doing to the bike. Unlike some people you actually bring it back to stock and are not throwing away all thoes rusty parts and aren't ruining it by repainting it different colors. Great Work:thumbsup:. I really Wish I could find an all original survivor but I know one will be coming my way one day.

That chrome could use some fine steel wool, no S.O.S. pads! Use a light hand! The painted surfaces look pretty decent for a rider outside the recoil housing, some careful tape work and some low gloss high temp white she'll be fine! Good to see a sympathetic restoration of a classic highly collectable unit! Great work and a good decision!:thumbsup:

Ahh the old WD-40 detail. It's one of my most used tricks in bringing back the survivor bikes. When I start a thread on my newest CAT, I'll be sure to have a few cans on hand. Great project and nice work.:thumbsup::scooter:

Step 1...

Hi All...This was just step one in the clean up. I am planning to do a bit more detailing although I doubt I'll be doing any repainting. I really don't want to make it look slapped together. I'd rather have the chips than to mess it up with my uneven hand! hahahahahahahahaha!

As far as the "Never-Dull" polishing stuff...I wish I could find some. I used to use it 35-years ago for polishing chrome bumpers on my dad's cars, but haven't seen it lately. I'll be on the lookout for some!

Thanks all...I appreciate your words of encouragement and I'm going to keep on going!

Darin:scooter:

I guess I'll just adopt this thread since It's my bike now. Here is the latest state. We are using almost all the original parts, including bolts and nuts.

Evil Ed has been busy. As you can see, the NOS 5.30/4.50/6 Generals are installed on the cleaned up Go Powers and give it a beefier stance. Brake and sprocket are nicely restored by Ed. Scooterboy lowers and springs are perfect. Waiting on the boots and looking for a seat maker. I hope you guys like the engine that's going in there. I have the original 3hp Tec which we are rebuilding and painting, but I am putting something a little racier in there. One thing is for sure; if you need to know anything about Bonanzas, Ed is the man. his paint jobs are outstanding and he is a really good guy to deal with.

edwin

Kd, its looking pretty good!!!! of course Evils the man!!!! he does great work.

those tires are looking sweet too. time for me to get on my bonanza!!!!