Bonanza Go Power wheels, So Cal

I am relatively new here and recently was given a bonanza mini project from my bro (Melman109). Was looking for a project to get into with my daughter and son.

Anyhow, the bike has "GoPower" style wheels on it. I was looking for a new rear sprocket when i came across some wheels my daughter and I like better. These are in good condition but have typical wear and tear as they are old. The front wheel seems to be in good/nice condition, the rear i would call fair/good do to the area inside one of the holes used to bolt it together with the sprocket has been enlarged and a different bolt used. I would suggest new hardware anyway. Assuming from trying to get the original sprocket off or maybe from using misc hardware. If needed i can take the wheels all the way apart and show inside and out but will only do this for a serious buyer, as i am not too familiar with mini bikes. First mini bike for me.

Asking $150 shipped. Pay through paypal, buyer pays fee, unless paid as gift. Located in so cal. I do have a great trader rating on several other sites but am new here. No rear sprocket, no bearings, just tires and wheels

Thanks
Video
Mini bike bonanza go power wheels for sale. $150 obo. - YouTube

KB2ROCKET

I posted .. it was up for about 5 seconds but then I deleted it when I remembered that I have committed to buying a $175 clutch and shouldnt spend the money ... nice wheels I am sure they will sell they are also very popular with the vintage kart crowd and they tend to pay a lot for go powers thank god most minibike dont have a racing heritage or minibike prices would be out of sight too good luck

I posted .. it was up for about 5 seconds but then I deleted it when I remembered that I have committed to buying a $175 clutch and shouldnt spend the money ... nice wheels I am sure they will sell they are also very popular with the vintage kart crowd and they tend to pay a lot for go powers thank god most minibike dont have a racing heritage or minibike prices would be out of sight too good luck
Ok. Understandable. I am also trying to get on the list for that manual clutch. I see the prices they go for so i figured to offer them at a very good price. Money will just go right back to the bike. Anyhow thanks for responding.

I ended up buying that clutch too by the way.

And Bump... If these do not sell within a couple days, im taking them apart and restoring them.

....they are also very popular with the vintage kart crowd and they tend to pay a lot for go powers
FYI, KB2ROCKET is right that GoPowers can bring big bucks with the vintage kart guys(I'm one of them), but don't bother to try and sell these to them as only 5" ones were used on karts.

FYI, KB2ROCKET is right that GoPowers can bring big bucks with the vintage kart guys(I'm one of them), but don't bother to try and sell these to them as only 5" ones were used on karts.
Makes sense. I dont need the money, just didnt want them to sit when i know other people like them. Just waiting for the ebay auction to end. Hasnt hit reserve so if they dont i will take them apart and go from there.

KB2ROCKET

this is what the kart weenies want but they cant have mine I have been soured by the 2 major vintage karting sites and their purist atitudes and how they feebly attempt to dictate what a vintage kart is and how some of them attempt to buy up all the parts and sell them to others in tbe hobby a a huge profit .... sorry to dilute this thread but some kart guys really know how to ruin their hobby for others

this is what the kart weenies want but they cant have mine I have been soured by the 2 major vintage karting sites and their purist atitudes and how they feebly attempt to dictate what a vintage kart is and how some of them attempt to buy up all the parts and sell them to others in tbe hobby a a huge profit .... sorry to dilute this thread but some kart guys really know how to ruin their hobby for others
I can see that too. I was trying to offer them at a fair price compared to what the wheels i wanted cost. I believe the rear wheel tire and sprocket set i want is around what im selling both these wheels for. I almost just want to pull them off ebay but thought that wouldnt be fair to the bidders and watchers (the 3 lol) in case they were waiting till the last second for a serious bid. The $66 with free shipping its at now is laughable.

this is what the kart weenies want
I'll take offense to that dumbass comment also. Why do you generalize and call names because you had a rub with a few guys??? WHat did you do....take a rare kart and throw a clone(or 2 or 3) on it??

Speaking of weenies.... here's the king of weenies!!!!

I'll take offense to that dumbass comment also. Why do you generalize and call names because you had a rub with a few guys??? WHat did you do....take a rare kart and throw a clone(or 2 or 3) on it??

Speaking of weenies.... here's the king of weenies!!!!

Sorry in advance LS for this but I have to ask ScooterBoy WTF?? were did you get that pic or what is it? is that a guy wearing a toy with a engine in his living room? That whole pic and everything in it is funny!! Sorry again LS carryon..

How about the mods move this thread over to the off topic section of the forum and i take them off the market. :shrug:

Ebay auction ended at $101. $25 more and would have sold, including shipping which would have eaten up some of that price. The high bidder had some for sale for 225. :laugh:

trinik7597

hey guys not for nothin but the man was trying to sell some wheels here :doah:you guys should start a thread to bicker and let the man try to sell his wheels

hey guys not for nothin but the man was trying to sell some wheels here :doah:you guys should start a thread to bicker and let the man try to sell his wheels
Thank you sir, it wasnt bothering me too much, but i figured to post some sort of response to it as to not allow the thread to get too carried away. I would rather people tell me im trying to get too much for them or make offers etc. im going to be pulling the rear one apart and trying to fix the sprocket i have (get the broken bolts out the threaded bungs) and go from there. I want to build a drag bike too so i have to watch budget a little closer anyway.

Sorry back to the wheels
All good, apology accepted
Yep, sorry about that. I got carried away. I deleted my irrelevant posts.
All good, apology accepted, thanks for cleaning it up.

And now an on-topic post.

I was thinking, since you don't seem to be really into "vintage", but just into mini-bikes, and since you're de-vintaging (new word :wink:) the Bonanza by taking the original wheels off, which are really a big part of what a Bonanza is, have you thought about fixing up the Bonanza all original, sell it for the big bucks, and then spend a lot less on maybe a Doodlebug and put on the wheels that you and your daughter like on that mini?

And now an on-topic post.

I was thinking, since you don't seem to be really into "vintage", but just into mini-bikes, and since you're de-vintaging (new word :wink:) the Bonanza by taking the original wheels off, which are really a big part of what a Bonanza is, have you thought about fixing up the Bonanza all original, sell it for the big bucks, and then spend a lot less on maybe a Doodlebug and put on the wheels that you and your daughter like on that mini?
I am def into vintage and def into investing. However, i dont make many choices now a days that are money motivated. I mean to say, put money into building something in a way that i dont like, in order to drive a potential profit. The fun is in the building for me and not in the selling. This mini bike stuff is being done for my kids. My daughter is 11, my son 13. if they keep it (nice) and for their kids, then im sure no matter what i did to it, it would be worth more than i could ever get. By allowing my daughter to have some creative control over what goes on and pick wheels, color, etc. is worth more to me than any potential profit loss. And i do not intend to sell this bike, received it as a gift. If it would fit the strength and look i would be after with a drag mini, then i would have it modified. I spoke to Temecula Bob today though and that convinced me to just have patience and not cut it up. I wouldnt get the same result id be looking for.

If the wheel and sprocket was perfect and didnt need me to restore them, then i wouldnt be offering them for sell, whether we liked the style or not, but since i have to spend money, i like to spend it making me or family happy. I make money/"work" to live. I dont live to work/make money anymore...

Last edited: