Bonanza Go Power wheels, So Cal

I am def into vintage and def into investing. However, i dont make many choices now a days that are money motivated.
You're very fortunate to be able to do that. I obviously made a false assumption because I figured since you were willing to take the GoPowers off the Bonanza vintage didn't matter to you. Have fun with your projects.

You're very fortunate to be able to do that. I obviously made a false assumption because I figured since you were willing to take the GoPowers off the Bonanza vintage didn't matter to you. Have fun with your projects.
Thank you. I feel that anyone can live the same way. im pretty young and (unfortunately injured) forced to retire early. I lost half my income, but i gained all of my life. I now try and manage how im spending in order to provide a great life for the fam, yet not put us in a bad place. Looking for employment now to help with that. Lol. I love vintage cars and bikes, but i love family more. I wish i felt this way around 14 years ago when i started my career. Im still trying to get rid of some of my toys! Id trade them all in today if it would ensure my daughter smiles for the rest of her life :smile: i know its not a guarantee so ill start with these wheels.

T Id trade them all in today if it would ensure my daughter smiles for the rest of her life :smile: i know its not a guarantee so ill start with these wheels.
Well said. I like your attitude and I understand completely(I have 11 and 16 year daughters). Sounds like you have your head screwed on straight. I'm sorry to hear of your challenges, but I think you're going to be fine with the attitude you have.

Well said. I like your attitude and I understand completely(I have 11 and 16 year daughters). Sounds like you have your head screwed on straight. I'm sorry to hear of your challenges, but I think you're going to be fine with the attitude you have.
Thank you.

Thank you. I feel that anyone can live the same way. im pretty young and (unfortunately injured) forced to retire early. I lost half my income, but i gained all of my life. I now try and manage how im spending in order to provide a great life for the fam, yet not put us in a bad place. Looking for employment now to help with that. Lol. I love vintage cars and bikes, but i love family more. I wish i felt this way around 14 years ago when i started my career. Im still trying to get rid of some of my toys! Id trade them all in today if it would ensure my daughter smiles for the rest of her life :smile: i know its not a guarantee so ill start with these wheels.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

after thinking about the main reason my daughter and i wanted new wheels and reading some of the comments on this thread... lol... i spoke with my little mama and explained to her that she would have to do some sacrificing too if she really wants the fam to be able to ride it anytime soon... parts billet and otherwise are starting to add up... she may have to go into her allowance to help buy some of the stuff she wants that is not needed... she seemed to be motivated to save some money all of a sudden :shrug:

so... the main reason in the first place was the sprocket and all the broken bolts in the threads... two of the bolts were broken off but sticking above the collar where i could grab them with vice grips (i figured the previous owner didnt try heat) so i applied some heat, assuming red loctite) and those two came out very easily!)

\

after breaking several bits and ezout failure, i gave up on trying to drill the third one out... the previous owner had already damaged that collar beyond salvaging, so decided to go a different route..

to make a long story short, about $1 for threaded hex shaped 1" long nuts... (happened to be the same size as the stock collars... ground off the broken one and leveled the surface out... placed the new piece on and positioned it using the small harbor freight magnets and one half of the wheel... tacked in place, welded on and for the sake of my pride cleaned the welds up a little...

Last edited:
looks better than the factory welds, after clean up, so meets my approval... lol

shes gonna want something special done to them, so stripping them down and moving forward...

both halfs have been prepped (sanded, buffed out a little with dremel, re sanded, washed and primed, using paint gun and good primer, not spray can) ready for wetsand and paint work...

primer left in gun, so primed the hidden side of the sprocket also...

Last edited:
What color do plan on painting them?
my daughter wanted them similar to my harleys wheels, so more than likely, mainly black, with white around the circles and "inside the wheels (where you see through the circles) and red stripe (inside the ring around the lip, or some variation of those colors... not everyones cup of tea, but she really loves the wheels on my harley, so... up to her... told her im repainting my bike soon, but keeping the wheels similar, the bike is staying mainly all black and i think she wants the mini to be similar... the bike is very dirty in this picture, because it sits, so dont judge me on that, it cleans up nicely... lol
way less work to do it on a tire this small, but still more work than i wanted to do... lol... they will not be the original silver color

quick sketch using paint... maybe like this or variation, seems like she wants her bike to be black red and white, needs her approval, too many colors for such a small wheel really, but fine by me, however she wants it...

Last edited:
Looks like the outcome of the wheels is going to be perfect for the scenario. Maybe this thread could be moved to the project thread now?

The concept so far makes me think about the Bat Bike, 60's tv show style.

Looks like the outcome of the wheels is going to be perfect for the scenario. Maybe this thread could be moved to the project thread now?

i had sent a pm to Hent asking him to move the thread once i posted fixing the sprocket... dont know any other "mods" to pm, as Hent may be super busy... I will be starting a thread on the bike project soon too, have to get a little further ahead... motor is almost done, tank is almost done... got the manual clutch in,. etc. as far as the them, trying to get my daughter to tone it down on the wheels a little, but she loves the look with the three colors... lol... the bike should look good no matter what, esp for a mini bike... i dnt expect her to be "serious" at all with it... just to enjoy it and have fun...'

she helps me with all my projects, for the most part... when i can get her to stop moving and playing with everything in the garage and focus, she does well... she is always trying to cut something apart and weld it, etc! i have vids of her tearing apart my last LS style motor... she wants to be like Nicole Lyons... which is why i have cranked up the juice on getting my drag car to the track some day soon... my son loves this kind of stuff but doesnt seem as interested in the work part of it..

if she saw this post, she would want me to airbrush a bat symbol on the bikes tank, at minimum... the bike was going to be mainly all black anyway...

Last edited: