BSP 196cc Race Engine

I saw this in the OMBW.....
Has anyone out there used one of these before?
Will the billet steel flywheel be adequate for all-around riding? Or should I get the aluminum one? I'm not going to race it,just put it in my Azusa or something.
How much more powerful is it than a stock 212cc Predator?
Thanks for any info.

125ccCrazy

unless they revamped those steel billet flywheels I read where the pins that hold the magnets were coming out because they just used steel dowel pins and not roll pins.... if your just riding the stock one will be sufficent.... the yellow clones were supposed to have a slightly better head, other than that it's just a clone from what I was just told tonight by a kart engine builder..... he told me before they allowed billet rods and flywheels in the bsp class they were twisting stock clones over 7000 with all the tolerences in spec...

rmm727

Yeah, those dowel pins were an issue. Was supposedly corrected (replaced with roll pins) if you bought from a reputable dealer. The King billet steel wheels are better. They have a red anodized surround for the magnet.

The BSP clone isn't nessasarily more powerful than a Predator. In fact it won't even run unless you buy a few nessasary components, {air filter/exhaust/flywheel and optional 18lb springs} it's very likley most will buy better ones than the stock counterpart as it's interchangeable most with all the stock Honda GX200 components. The clones have a bigger aftermarket segment which anyone could easily buy components pushing that into the 20hp+. A predator comes turn key complete 7hp. I originally thought the Predator was the same as the Honda GX200 but found that the Predator's billet rod is 30$ more than a 196cc clone. I went with the BSP clone for a mini bike project and also have a Predator on my snowblower. Lastly for the Price of a BSP you get better (TBD) internals components and the governor/low oil preassure switch have'nt been installed so you wont have to remove them.

Last edited:
i have one and if you get it make sure to jet the carb because it runs bad if you dont jet it they run good and the flywheels are fine they haul some ass and are very fast