Building 5hp briggs

Hey guys new here and new to small engine and mini bikes. Im a full time tech at a local shop so i have mechanical knowledge and tools. My reason for posting is that I ended up with a briggs 5hp ic motor. And my buddy conveniently enough has a bike frame. My goal with the engine is to not be concerned with breakage with out the governor on it. Plans were

-New rod(not sure which one yet)
-Intake
-Header
-Carb

And if money allows

-Cam
-springs
-and what ever is needed for the cam

If you search the engine section in the Briggs sub section, you will see plenty of info. Free mods would be "eyebrow" shaping which is improving flow over the valves in the block. Also, compression increase via a thinner head gasket or head milling. Also, advancing the timing works wonders.

Normally the valves will float with stock springs, but it should really have an aftermarket rod and flywheel. You can find them at decent prices at OldMiniBikes warehouse or bobs 4cycle. Btw, welcome aboard...

Yeah, Bob's 4 cycle forum is a great place to find these parts, just make a wanted ad and you will find lots of stuck, billet con. rods can be had for $20. Welcome to OldMiniBikes. :thumbsup: