Cafe/Cruiser Scratch Build

Chain adjuster: I did a similiar thing on my drag bike and it works very well. I don't like slotting holes to slide motors for adjustment, just a personal preference thing. With this setup the chain follows the sprockets really good and adjustment is simple, loosen a lock nut and adjust a 5/16th's x 24 bolt. Its just a "pita" to make. The photo's show whats going on with this. This build is done, I will do a complete tear down and finish out the welding. I hope to have it in primer in a day or so:grind:

Last night I primed this with Nason Urethane primer. My intent was to paint this with Dupont Chroma One single stage. I went to Menards a bought a couple hanger bolts to hang this thing. I ended up buying 4 cans of Regal red Rustoleum, I liked the color and $4.00 a can. An hour later here it is. It actually looks great for a Clicker Can blo" job. Time will tell if I made a mistake, its painted and so far the bugs absolutely love it:2guns:

Bugs doing the backstroke.:angry: That Rustoleum laid down nice.
Hey watch the overspray on the Dodge...
Just follow up with some clear. some members have done outstanding paint jobs with spray bombs!!!! Looks good!!!
This rustoleum does spray good, it orange peels a bit when it cures which after a day its still very soft. The drying time is a long time. I kept the garage door down to keep my truck clean:smile: I looked up Rustoleum clear and I think I'll leave this alone. It looks alright for this project..
Assembly:thumbsup:

Sounds a lot like old school enamel. It took about a month before it got real hard.
your not the first to make that connection. Hot Rod magazine did a $98 paintjob article a few years back and the painter they worked with said "It's basically old school sythetic enamel. I've painted tons of cars with that." difference was hot rod wanted to try it with a paint roller rather than a gun. It took extra sanding but looked sharp in the end.

I need to offer a big thanks to texasfabguy and Neck for there help in this project. Both had a lot of input in this build. I appreciate all the comments, suggestions and ideas. Its done short of a new spark plug and cutting the ugly cover over the TC, I might like this mini enough to fab a trick aluminum one. The seat is being upholstered by Kenny. It runs tomorrow, its mothers day today, gotta do my home work. Thanks OldMiniBikes, have a look:scooter: