Can't reply to neg feedback on ebay anymore?

Some douchenozzle gave me bad feedback on an $8 SHIPPED item without even contacting me first. Item was a CD in like new condition and because it had fingerprints and a couple of the usual fine scratches that even new CDs come with quite often, he leaves neg without contacting.

KB2ROCKET

In the early days of eBay sellers could respond and they could leave negative feedback for the buyer the whole thing became an emotion based war on each other. So if I had a problem with someone I really went out of my way to make things right and I never gave Anyone negative feedback it was the only way I could preserve my 100% positive feed back. Now ebays feedback system is a one way system for buyers only with no way for a seller to retaliate. But as a buyer I fully understand that some people will never be happy with anything they are just jerks so if someone has a feedback of 200 and 5 are negative well thats just par for the course

It's nice to be able to state your side as well for people who may be looking at your feedback. I put in a complaint on him. Really, an $8 CD that cost me $3 to ship and plays perfect...what do they expect? DO they want Gene Simmons to come over and play personally? They would still complain because he dripped blood on their floor and scorched the ceiling with his pyrotechnics...

MikeBear

Was the buyer who left the bad feedback fairly new, OR had a very low feedback himself? You used to be able to block buyers with a feedback score smaller than a certain amount. People with larger scores tend to be more stable mentally..

I used to sell on Ebay all the time, and basically gave it up due to all the scammers that have taken over. I sold something a couple months ago out of the blue, it was over $500 "buy it now" ,and the buyer only registered a couple minutes before bidding, and had ZERO feedback. I almost crapped my pants every day for a week before he picked it up from his post office! I thought for SURE he'd end up with it, and my money, and I'd be screwed. In his case though he exhibited every sign of a scammer, he was legit, lucky for me. Still scary though.

Ok, found where I can respond.

The jackass just joined in July from Italy and has 50 something feedbacks.

Also looked and he left neg for a few others complaining of a few scratches. Maybe he just started using CDs and doesn't know that faint scratches here and there are no big deal. Plays fine. I literally bought it off ebay, ripped it onto my portable hard drive and threw it back on ebay. Maybe he's going to show it at an art gallery. I'm wondering if he isn't trying to resell things as new in his douchebag country.

I've sold a couple dozen CDs lately and everyone has been very happy. One guy even paid for $46 for a CD and had me ship it to Norway. Then I've got this guy...

I do Ebay for my job and have done well over 10,000 transactions on there. Sellers not being able to leave negatives is bullshit and it's been that way for quite awhile now. Some buyers truly deserve them and I come across them on an almost weekly basis. People are idiots and will leave bad feedback for something that is 100% their fault (usually fitment issues for me, when I say what it will fit).

I've also found that people outside of the US are much better to deal with. Around 15% of what I sell goes to people outside of the US and I rarely have problems with them. The language barrier sucks at times, but they don't seem to have the me, me, me attitude that Americans have. I've also found that being professional when replying to and dealing with people goes a long way.