Can't Wait to get back to work...

so ive been grounded almost a month now.. long story short i gave up on school and lost everything from my gameboy to my Rupp...

BUT... ive managed to pull my grades up to A's and B's :thumbsup: so mabey on report card ill be able to finish my bike. all she needs is a drive clutch and a belt. :weld:

as for now im hanging on, the urge to go outside and fix the brakes on the scrambler can be overwhelming sometimes. :freakout: :mad2:

ALSO, ive got a bunch of tecumseh parts that im gonna attempt to sell on here when im ungrounded. seals, rods, air filter bracket, etc.

anyway, back to chemistry homework. :doah:

-GC-

Good for you, man. :thumbsup: Keep it up. High-school? Seemed like all I ever heard at home was "you just don't apply yourself". I was ready to quit, but toughed it out, got a college degree (took way too long), and I'm glad I did. Made it much easier for me to get a good-paying job than some of my pals who just had high-school diplomas or GEDs.

report card

Grabbin, I have a 20 yr old daughter, so been there done that!!!!!! keep your priorities in order school first bikes second, I know you hear this all the time from your folks but you have to make it happen with the grades .My daughter is in college now so more or less on her own, but I talk to her every day to keep the grades up and keep studying.:thumbsup:

Don't worry man all you need to do is get a diploma, then join the Marines. That's what I did. You get to travel the world, bet part of the finest fighting force and maybe work on some real fun stuff. I used to work on 4,300 hp turbines. Wish I could put one on a mini. LOL.

C9H13NO3

so ive been grounded almost a month now.. long story short i gave up on school and lost everything from my gameboy to my Rupp...

-GC-
I feel you... I went from a 4.52 GPA to a 3.19 GPA in the span of a month.. Good thing is I paid for most of my stuff I use like my mini and PC so it can't be taken away... since it's mine :biggrin:

Got that 3.19 back to a 4.51 though...

You'll make it :thumbsup:

Oh, Chemistry = :thumbdown:

You dont need no book learnin if your a real man. Make your way by the sweat of your brow. Learn some spanish and pick up a shouvel or a gun.:thumbsup:

I never finished high school but sure wish I did.

I work 60 hours and make 400 a week but I could be making double that had I finished high school and went to college.

RobK

My mom used to say "you can work hard, or you can work smart". Smart pays a whole lot better, and you don't have to sweat your nuts off in the summer, and freeze your ass in the winter. I graduated high school by the skin of my teeth and then worked as a mechanic for 6 years. After six years of getting dirty, I decided college had to be better. It was. I have a friend who's a contractor. He owns his own small construction business. I've never met anybody who works harder or longer hours then him. He'll tell you straight up he wishes he had stayed in college.

Neck

Growing up is optional
You dont need no book learnin if your a real man. Make your way by the sweat of your brow. Learn some spanish and pick up a shouvel or a gun.:thumbsup:
Or better yet....Get a piece of cardboard and write on it with a Sharpee, Stupid.....please help, then stand on a street corner of a busy intersection, I guarantee you'll make BANK!:mad2:
Seriously....get a degree, in anything. You'll be really glad you did! Maybe not now, but someday. I sure wish I had!

maddcarson

Im in the same boat. Report cards come and parents get mad. im just trying to truck through it and head off to wyotech or ITT and go into the mechanics business.

I never finished high school but sure wish I did.

I work 60 hours and make 400 a week but I could be making double that had I finished high school and went to college.
The point was a comedic way to say...... get your education, the options to an education I gave should of made it obvious. Your a great example of what a lack of can keep you from. Take the understanding of basic irony for example, or even math. If jess could do basic math he would know he makes less than the federal minimum wage.:doah:

Im in the same boat. Report cards come and parents get mad. im just trying to truck through it and head off to wyotech or ITT and go into the mechanics business.
Don't do that places like that charge way to much and those jobs are far and few between. I have alot of buddys who went that route and wish they did not.

The point was a comedic way to say...... get your education, the options to an education I gave should of made it obvious. Your a great example of what a lack of can keep you from. Take the understanding of basic irony for example, or even math. If jess could do basic math he would know he makes less than the federal minimum wage.:doah:
Thats after taxes idiot.

Don't do that places like that charge way to much and those jobs are far and few between. I have alot of buddys who went that route and wish they did not.
yep

i've also known many people who start doing their hobby as a job and end up hating it after several years.

just because you go to one of those schools doesn't mean you'll be working at some badass shop either. most likely you'll be doing oil changes or working at some run of the mill shop fixing people's daily drivers.

This from someone who works for 6.67 an hour. Yeah I rounded up.:laugh:

It dosent matter what you do or how you end up doing it as long as you enjoy what you do. I know a couple people who went that route and they loved it for 2-3 years. After that the love turned into just being a job. Who in their late teens or even early 20's can say, let alone even known what they want to do for a living for the rest of their lives. I know more people who know what they dont want to do compared to what they want to do reguardless of what they do to make a living. Education can provide the options to try different things. Then again Im just an Idiot.

Or better yet....Get a piece of cardboard and write on it with a Sharpee, Stupid.....please help, then stand on a street corner of a busy intersection, I guarantee you'll make BANK!:mad2:
Seriously....get a degree, in anything. You'll be really glad you did! Maybe not now, but someday. I sure wish I had!

Wrong! Dont get a degree in just anything. Liberal arts, performing arts and history are three of over 50 majors that dont pay and are almost impossible to get a job in. I know people who acheived their bachelorette the same time I did and they stock shelves at wal-mart. Not to say thats a bad gig but you dont need to take on $30,000+ in student loans to get to that point.