Caterpillar Mini Bike

Starting to build a Caterpillar mini bike, Big Chevron Tires, Industrial Equiptment Yellow paint, flapper tip exhaust. 5hp briggs, Gearing down,

I need ideas on design, attributes, style and heavy equiptment ideas

delray

are you going to put a bucket or blade on the front of it ..........:laugh:just kidding....

color yellow on the rims look good with a black frame. rims you are using look alot like fox rims. 5hp briggs will be a good choice.........:thumbsup:

here are couple cats that where sitting in my yard

Neck

Growing up is optional
Full length side panels with expanded steel vents surrounded buy large half inch bolts, and you have got to have at least two hydraulic cylinders on it someplace. Maybe a cutting edge and couple of ripper teeth up front under the engine too! And a huge gas cap. Looks like your off to a good start. You can call it a 277L:laugh:

Full length side panels with expanded steel vents surrounded buy large half inch bolts, and you have got to have at least two hydraulic cylinders on it someplace. Maybe a cutting edge and couple of ripper teeth up front under the engine too! And a huge gas cap. Looks like your off to a good start. You can call it a 277L:laugh:
Thats what I was gonna say.. big boxy bulldozer looking. :laugh:

You could even hang a boom off the back and make like a tow truck out of it.. :laugh:

Love it!!

I LOVE IT ALL. Great suggestions! I would love to be able to ride it after its all done so large blades and ripper teeth are probably not going to happen. I dig the expanded metal idea, easy, makes it look tough. I have a few old Hatch stuts look like cylinders. Got a tractor air cleaner for it to stick out of the side. I would love to put on a Yamar 6.5 Diesel on it but price is a bit steep.

I still dont know what this bike used to be, an old Manco, Fox, not sure, if you guys have any ideas, let me know!

Seat and Jack Shaft

Seat is an old Tractor seat. Suspended by a square tube connected to a torsion bar/ hinge so that seat "floats" kinda like the old tractors did. Wondering if the mini bike frame can handle this torsional load, may have to gusset a bit.

In all the cutting and grinding Im finding that some of the framework was Braized and not steel welded!!

Many thanks to OldMiniBikes Warehouse for the jack shaft mount kit, its a very precise cut piece.