Chain guard pictures needed

I bought the small chrome one from OldMiniBikes and don't like how small it is so I'm useing this as an excuse to buy a HF welder and make it myself:thumbsup:

Hent

I bought the small chrome one from OldMiniBikes and don't like how small it is so I'm useing this as an excuse to buy a HF welder and make it myself:thumbsup:
That's a "chain deflector" not a guard. There is a real guard on there, but out of stock for the next week or so. :thumbsup:

Thanks BAB.....:thumbsup: Wait till ya see 'em chromed !!! I should have 'em back within a week.:smile:

And no big deal on that old one...I can't even remember who sent that to me:laugh:
Might as well toss that one in the garbage:hammer:
I bet the chrome is gonna make them POP bling bling!!:drinkup:

delray

nash1970, what kind of chain guard are you thinking of making? something that covers the clutch completly and also covers the chain too.
fab up a guard by using a stainless cup/bowl and with a piece of flat steel with a bend in it to cover the top and side of the chain. tig welder would work better,but a wire feed will do just fine.:thumbsup:

nash1970, what kind of chain guard are you thinking of making? something that covers the clutch completly and also covers the chain too.
fab up a guard by using a stainless cup/bowl and with a piece of flat steel with a bend in it to cover the top and side of the chain. tig welder would work better,but a wire feed will do just fine.:thumbsup:

Nice Delray ....That is a GREAT looking cover:thumbsup:

I make most if not all mine, cheaper that way. I will have one or two of ScooterBoy's guards once they become available, I could make one like it of lessor quality but I need some nice stuff! LOL

The last one was made by MetalMan, I got three and one is now on my daughter's DB. We have a wealth of craftsmen here and then there's guys like me who get by.:laugh:

delray

thats good one DZLBIKE....

nice thing about these bowls, people give them away for less then a $buck at garage sales and fleamarkets/swaps:thumbsup:

got little crazy with this cover. bike had a jackshaft unit that i fab on it and needed a small amount of clearance in the rear side cover. i think i have less then a $1 in this one. first cover i posted i had $3 or $4 in that cover. i purchase a new bowl, because i like the design of it.:thumbsup:

thats good one DZLBIKE....

nice thing about these bowls, people give them away for less then a $buck at garage sales and fleamarkets/swaps:thumbsup:

got little crazy with this cover. bike had a jackshaft unit that i fab on it and needed a small amount of clearance in the rear side cover. i think i have less then a $1 in this one. first cover i posted i had $3 or $4 in that cover. i purchase a new bowl, because i like the design of it.:thumbsup:

Now that's a dang nice cover delray! Fine work, just another example of the guys who's attention to detail make their stuff stand out. Your bikes speak vloumes about your attention to detail. I will do some bikes worthy of such covers eventually but I'm making riders to beat the crap out of so utility wins out. I have some style but it pales by comparison to some of you masters of metal!!!:grind::hack::weld::thumbsup:

And I have a feeling we haven't seen anything yet.:smile:

delray

supernova,thanks man:thumbsup: i got more stuff to show and do. but it will have to wait until my kid is off to school in a year or so and my shop is completly done.
:doah:wishful thinking, i guess..............:laugh: