Chrome bike find

Found this little gem this weekend. I have a soft spot for chrome bikes and can't pass them up usually. It is original..but missing the fenders and exhaust pipe and of coarse the clutch cover :facepalm:. After much debate I thought it was a El Tigre....but remembered a thread awhile ago that mentioned the Maverick. Seems the decal matches so I guess that is it. To be honest they are so close that it seems the only difference is the decals.:shrug:. Anyways..here she is.

Nice find cheezy ! :thumbsup: Thats one cool looking ride,:thumbsup::thumbsup: but that pipe in the add would be a awesome find too ! :eek:ut:

markus

I always thought those were cool :thumbsup: Is it a runner? I wanna "ride report" as I always wondered how that frame design performed.

Thanks guys...
Clutch cover in the pic kinda looks like a Bonanza; Hard to tell; what do you you think, Cheez?
I was kinda thinking the same thing about the cover :thumbsup:

I always thought those were cool :thumbsup: Is it a runner? I wanna "ride report" as I always wondered how that frame design performed.
Well.....It does run. I took it out for awhile yesterday and beat the snot out of it on and off road. I will have to say...it doesn't drive as well as my El Tigre..but it does ride pretty good for a little cruizer bike.:thumbsup:

Hey Bill, I was looking at the ad you posted. It says it has dual brakes. Is it front and rear?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Hey Bill, I was looking at the ad you posted. It says it has dual brakes. Is it front and rear?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
According to the pic...there is the clutch brake and scrub brake. It has both on it. I am not to clear on these bikes so maybe one of the others will know for sure.

cxbra

Very nice! I love chrome bikes also after getting my El Tigre. I havent polished her out fully but she's looking clean. I like the front end a lot more than the El Tigre's, but I prefer the El Tigre's rigid frame with the swinger seat, very cool.

1stlegendtx

Very nice! I love chrome bikes also after getting my El Tigre. I havent polished her out fully but she's looking clean. I like the front end a lot more than the El Tigre's, but I prefer the El Tigre's rigid frame with the swinger seat, very cool.
This bike is the same as an early EL-Tigre:doah:

cxbra

This bike is the same as an early EL-Tigre:doah:
Well its a world's difference from a late El Tigre. My bike has a rigid frame with springer seat, front suspension, scrub brake, rear sprocket welded to the wheel, slick rear tire, external-spring forks etc. The Maverick has the 2 piece bar-fork, drum brake, knobby tires front and back, integrated suspension frame, rigid fork, upgrade wheels, extended sprocket for the drum brake, internal-spring shocks etc. The only things that seem the same on these bikes are the chrome, the fenders and the foot pegs.:grind::laugh: