Clutch Band Brakes: Pictures and Information

Here is an OldMiniBikes brake kit I installed on a Predator 212, Maxtorque clutch, on my Bad Dog. Simpleo to put in, works good! 20150221_135118.jpg

Jdogg that is just sick! The shape is almost proprietary looking of some brand:thumbsup:

Here is my new clutch brake. I saw this setup on boatguy's yellow Lil Indian and adapted it to my Taco 99. I'm going to do the same treatment on my other two Lil Indians next. (Good thing I got some touch up paint, cos 4-5 times a taking engines on n off that thing I shor nuff tore up that engine plate:doah:

There are so many talented fabricators and just plain good hackers that can make $h!te into shinola with a little thinking and doing. I'm a do it myself guy but will steal an idea if I can, many good ones pop up here.

wb4rt

I bought and installed the clutch band brake kit from OldMiniBikes and all I can say is WOW! I wish I had done that a year ago when I built my bike.

I have been wary of the rear brake because it never really had much stopping power, but the clutch brake stops on a dime.

I left the rear brake on and added a brake lever on the right handle bar as a backup in case my chain breaks or comes off the sprocket.

If you are wondering whether to add a clutch brake or not, just order the kit and do not look back.

CarPlayLB

I bought and installed the clutch band brake kit from OldMiniBikes and all I can say is WOW! I wish I had done that a year ago when I built my bike.

I have been wary of the rear brake because it never really had much stopping power, but the clutch brake stops on a dime.

I left the rear brake on and added a brake lever on the right handle bar as a backup in case my chain breaks or comes off the sprocket.

If you are wondering whether to add a clutch brake or not, just order the kit and do not look back.
X2! I always thought they were not great...until I had one! Works great and stops my 280lbs on a dime! (The wife has me on a diet! Although I am 7'10" tall!)(not really)

Thanks for posting feedback guys. It really helps us to develop newer and better products.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

KMR

I am trying to decide on a set up for my sons Manco Thunderbird with a Tecumseh H35. The clutch has the spocket on the outside. Does that make a difference?