clutch slipping

i have a 6.5 clone with the govoner pulled 18lbs springs 22mm mikuni and a fuel pump i had a max torqe and i moved up to a hilliard fury now the clutch seems to be slipping a lot and getting really hot its a #41 chain any ideas

the dude at my local mini bike shop said with the work that i have done and will be doing the max torqe will slip so he sold me this and now this one is slipping

i've got more mods than you on a 6.5 and never had an issue when i was running a Max Torque. sounds to me like the guy just wanted to make a sale.

you might be putting out 8hp and they will handle that just fine.

heck a max toq can handle almost any thing you can throw at it ive beat the hell outa of them i set mini on fire one time to:lol: and i still use it all the time and still beat the hell outa it

rite on i kinda thought that but not to sure this is my first one with a clone iam going to put my old one back on thanks you have any tips for some stuff to do to get more power with out spending alot

rite on i kinda thought that but not to sure this is my first one with a clone iam going to put my old one back on thanks you have any tips for some stuff to do to get more power with out spending alot
well a cheap fre flowing air filter such as K&N or UNI and a rejet on the carb and a cheap header (this is all stuff that adds power while the gov still on)
if you want more you need to remove gov and get a billet witch is around 50 to 70 bucks (if its a 6.5 horse)

if you don't have a billet rod yet that should be next. any time you remove the governor it's recommended to install one. if you do that, pick up a flat top piston too since it will be out.

I agree with Strigoi, The max T clutch can handle more HP than you think. But it's not adjustable like the clutch you were sold. Try changing your springs and tune it to come in around 3000rpm. It should work great with a mod motor. That clutch is for Kart racing and Kart guys like them to slip a bit comming out of tight corners. They will set them up to fully engage around 4500rpm or so. I would think you could tame yours down a bit if you play with it.

i just got a hillard and gave my freind a ride and it started to slip, max torque are bullet proof all the projects i built i used them and never had them slip unless oil from the chain got on them,oh and making the sping shorter will make it engage at a higher rpm so be careful

billet rod?

ok I am new here, I admit... no worries, but I just got a 6.5 clone, removed the govenor, got a K&N filter, rejetted the carb and got a straight header pipe: why do I need a billet rod? what advantage does that provide?? thanks!

ok I am new here, I admit... no worries, but I just got a 6.5 clone, removed the govenor, got a K&N filter, rejetted the carb and got a straight header pipe: why do I need a billet rod? what advantage does that provide?? thanks!
why are you asking that in this thread?

anways, do a search. this has been covered many, many, many, many times.