Clutches sold at Tractor Supply

They are made by Baja Motorsports. Does anyone know if these are comparable to Comet or Max Torque? They have them in stock, where as I'd have to wait for either of the others.

There is a difference between a clutch and a torque converter like a comet. It all comes down to if you want to go fast or just go. When a clutch engages, your speed is determined by RPM's of your motor. A torque converter can actually change ratios like a automatic transmission. It gives you a lower gear for starting out and going up hills. A converter also gives you a higher gear when reaching cruse speed. A converter is worth the cost when it comes time to ride.

Weeding through the pack. Way back in 1971 when I bought my shop there was 5 basic mini bike clutches available two types of shoes one the Fairbanks Morris and Mercury and used fiber shoes and the Comet, Maxi-Torque and Horstman used steel shoes.
Maxi-Torque was priced higher and was always considered the best. And the Horstman was my best seller then they cost me $5.05 and I sold them for $14.95 . Look who has been out there forever Maxi-Torque and Comet that is what I would buy today.
Steve :scooter:

Hey Monroe Mike, I am not an expert on clutches, but my experience with BMI has been good. They usually deliver in less than one week. It might be slower this time of year. I am only one county away from you, so it should be the same delivery time.

I looked at BMI, they have alot of stuff. I wanted to get the clutch on today, but the P.S. pump on my van is screaming like a banshee . So, I can order a clutch and wait now. I have to clear the garage to get the van in it.

The Tractor Supply here sells the Masters of Motion clutches for the Baja Motorsports minis. Somewhere on the package I saw they were made by Hilliard. I have one on my trike and it has worked fine.