Comet Torque Specs?

Sorry, this is a torque converter set up. I had to take it apart to get the belt back on. I counted the turns of the bolt when I took it out, but when I reached that number putting it back in it wasn't even tight. I tightened it the best I could by holding the pulley in one hand and ratchet in the other.

james c

standard thread bolt will tighten itself when motor is running, if you dont have a torque wrench then tighten until it feels good. dont snap it off in the crank. (lock washer will help) nothing extra.

I'd like to know what you guys do when the driver hangs off the crank a little? Ya know, when you slide the driver on, and it lacks going on all the way, by maybe 1/2", or so? Scott.

Last edited:
I've never had a problem with the bolt being too short. The reason that I ask, is the washer just keeps caving in, the more that you tighten it.

You may not be using the thick Comet washer. A year or so ago , I saw someone selling a filler. It was a piece of 3/4 dia. stock with a key in it. It probably was a piece molded from sintered iron. I don't know why you would need it if you are using the thick washer.