custom DB-30 project #2

I was looking at the yellow bike. Is that a Honda 96cc engine? No plate. Same bolt pattern..?

Looks like your a rare professional, the kind Home Page is looking for in your 75 mile radius... No fees for YOU!

TT

jiejfg3g3igh3iogh3oihgohgoihgo4ihg4hg49h4g4gh49gh4ghgnb period end quote NICE!

:thumbsup:

The TAV is nice. its smooth, gives a "low gear" and a "high gear" but.....
its expensive and it requires mods to work on a DB with the 6.5 engine

the engine is a Honda GC190 6hp engine. same bolt pattern as a HF 6.5 but I drilled and bolted this one down. I'm using a chain tensioner/roller

Thanks for the + comments everyone :thumbsup:

Cjtmini,

What if any differences have you noticed between the 2 engines? Plus and minuses?

PS-I tried to have a boy when making babies but the baby Gods give me 3 girls.I will miss giving my boy his first mini bike.:sadcrying4:

cxbra

Cjtmini,

What if any differences have you noticed between the 2 engines? Plus and minuses?

PS-I tried to have a boy when making babies but the baby Gods give me 3 girls.I will miss giving my boy his first mini bike.:sadcrying4:
Ohh, wow.. thats a lot of girls!! Hey, look at the big side. At least you havent smashed your balls to bits in your young years and are still fertile.. haha.

Anyways, that is a BEAUTIFUL bike cjtmini. One question, how come you didnt put the front brakes on the right side to line up with with the back brakes??

Cjtmini,

LOL the damn baby gods gave me 3 boys no girls. Wana Trade!!! haha

HF Lifan China 6.5hp engine
$100-$130 (Harbor Freight)
revs high 5000rpm+
40 lbs
runs perfect 1 pull
made in China
lots of hop-up parts
6.5 HP (rated)
looks funny with the cylinder leaning back
ball bearings on the crank
iron cylinder liner

vs.

Honda GC190 engine
$211 (smallenginewarehouse.com)
186 cc's
dosen't like to rev over 4000-4200 rpm's
33 lbs
runs perfect 1 pull
probably made in China
no hop up-parts available (make your own)
feels a bit weak for 6 HP (rated)
looks cool..like a proper engine. carb in the back
exhaust out the front. cylinder straight up
no bearings on the crank
aluminum liner

The Honda GC engine is a great engine it runs perfect, smooth and quiet. The HF Lifan engine is a better engine in every way but I wanted to do a build with a different style engine. The engine works perfect in a mini just not for performance.

Last edited: