Custom exhaust

Check out this exhuast.....sounds sweet, shoots out flames in the night, and looks like it added tons of a performance gain

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeDcmpNK0X8

Last edited:
Frank Bullitt, why don't you just make it easy on yourself and cut off back handle grip tubing and weld it higher or lower or just keep it off and then just snake the exhaust under the seat and out the back:thumbsup:
:scooter:........then again i wouldn't know anything about that:eek:ut:
]
It is done. Make it easy on myself by doing more work? I think it looks better the way it is.
It wont hit my leg I rode it for about an hour on the street and in the hills. standing and all I wasn't even close to hitting my leg on it. Plus I never ride with shorts on so even if I did touch it I wouldn't know it.
It seems like I have said this before but If I ever manage to burn myself on it I will just add some shields.

Last edited:

Oldsalt

Hey Old Salt,

Have you found a good use for the tubing found in the common lawn mower or snow blower folding handles?

Thanks
~JM~
Ya. Some of the tubeing is useful for making the spacers that fit between wheel bearings. In every case it seems some previous owner has thrown them away. Another source for tubeing that fits over a 5/8" axle is obtainable from the straight portions of dip-stick tubes that come on GM Powerglide, Turbo 350, and Turbo 400 automatic transmissions.

Next time you see a junk weed eater grab it. The bend in the shaft is very useful for making mini bike pipes. There is a plastic liner inside. But after cutting the pieces to the required lengths the plastic is easy to push out.
what belse works good is a set of bicycle handlebars
cut them at the bend and you have your curve

delray

ok frank, just be careful. from the looks of the color on the muffler,it looks like it gets very hot and that can eat some skin.
i wish i had more time? i like to fab up exhaust systems for the stock doodle bug and the 6.5. i have had alot of replys on you tube(over 11,000+ view,thats crazy) and (pm's) on my exhaust,but no time to do it:doah:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTDsP-2ujfA

I like your exhaust. I thought it looked kind of weird when I was mocking mine up. I don't have a bender so it would have to be done with the wide 90 degree bends with the conduit stuff.
It does get pretty hot and burning skin sucks but I don't think it will be a problem unless I try some weird stunts or something because the muffler is pretty far away from me when sitting on it.

What brand is that engine?? Is it the one sold at Harbor freight? Lastly, Where can I get the flange for the exhaust?
most people either make one out of an oversized washer, or just cut the stock muffler off and leave the flange and a little piece of pipe to weld the new exhaust to.

i made a exhaust out of a chrome vacuum cleaner tube and it looks awesome
i took a washer and welded the pipe to it and used scraps of metal to enclose the pipe and header together.
:hack::weld: