Cute Rupp I just picked up

I just picked up this cute little Rupp mini bike........missing chain guard and the engine is a Craftsman 143 644031 (H3.5) serial number 41890....otherwise very nice!

Attachments

Looks good. Does it have a slanted intake? edit, i only seen the first two pics and couldnt tell. How does it run without the slanted intake? Im curious because I have a hs50 that I need to put on a minbike with a slanted engine plated.

Last edited:
Runs fine with the intake it has.......I believe the slanted intake was the stock set-up....I did play with the carb float, though.....stock setting just don't work.

markus

Nice, Its a shame they altered the frame so much considering all the work they put into to keep it Original looking, Got a lot of nice correct sprint parts still though :thumbsup: Always liked the looks of those, thought they looked pretty tough with 6" wheels

Hey Markus, how's it goin'?.....Not being the Rupp (or any mini bike) expert, you want to clarify the alteration to the frame, other than what looks like gussets on the neck.....Thanks, Frank.

markus

top of the frame too, should have and angle change between fuel tank and seatpan. The gusset thats centered and hits top/headtube/lower looks correct, some 1970 frames got them, some did not. All 1970 frames are the same though and usually not too hard to find

these are both '70 frames I had (both non gusseted of course)

The one on the back is a gusseted '70 front is a '71 but gives a better shot of the angle point (brings the tank down and runs in inline with the seat)

Looks like it could all stem from that headtube angle change (brick wall for brakes maybe at some point :laugh:) on yours mnybe