Daniel Coop's - Sensation Mike Bike custom bobber - (Vintage Open)

Nice design work on the foot rests.:thumbsup: How far do they extend off the frame? Looks like a good distance (6"???). You might want to make a slight modification and allow the foot rests to fold so if you lean too much in a turn you don't pirouette off of one of them or tear up the yard or asphalt. Just a thought for you to ponder.:confused: :smile:

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

Thanks for your suggestion Dr, but they are only an 1" & 1/2 or so longer than the original bar that was cut off, but sit up a little higher than the original. The Sensation has pretty good clearance and is a narrow bike, and if the steering stem is left in it's current position, the springer front end will raise the nose up another 1&1/2"-2"

Daniel Coop

This bike has developed into something far more extreme than originally planned and is quickly earning itself a name... Of course, I am a little biased. Lol

Daniel Coop

The name is cut into that recoil housing cover

Some less exciting, standard, but new parts showed up for the Sensation from OldMiniBikes Warehouse. Chrome fenders, precision sealed bearings (plenty of them) and some new 6" sawtooth tires and tubes. Plan to bring the original Sensation aluminum wheels to a high polish, and make some whitewalls outta these sawtooth tires. See if I can cut up these new fenders somehow...

Daniel Coop

New steering stem, frame is now a frame again. Plenty of work still left. Had to remove the foot rests for the new addition to the front of the frame and to add some grip like on the new scrub brake pedal.

Daniel Coop

This bike has become something special, and in my opinion deserved a special power plant. The stock Raptor 3 wasn't quite cutting the mustard for me anymore, and issues with my Dover Power motor has unfortunately put that build on temporary hold, so some of it's parts were scavenged to finish this Raptor 4. This is an all new Briggs Raptor 4 block from Dyno Cams, painted in my favorite Briggs color, Ice White. 1488510486378710363958.jpg Ported and polished with an ARC billet rod and flywheel, .020 copper head gasket, new stock valves with 22lb springs and the WKA reg camshaft and head from the Dover Power motor. The crankshaft and dual bearing side cover were also robbed from the Dover Power motor, along with the custom old school housing/new(er) school cup style recoil starter Dan had put together. Just blasted clean in preparation for matching powder coating soon to hit the frame. It's got the brand new Raptor gas carburetor I had originally bought off eBay for the Dover motor, (before deciding to try the "Chi-kini" carb) on the tank and beefy support bracket once filled with methanol also from the Dover motor. The Robertson's Torque Tubes 4 stage header and Modified RLV muffler is being utilized for now, but might either be switched for an all new pipe, or traded for my open Raptor header as the frame was built with that angled pipe in mind. But, someone's gonna call the po's on me if I don't run a muffler on this. Compression is right around 10:1 and it dynoed just shy of 12HP at 5,500RPM but falls close to 9 at around 6,500RPM. She cracks hard, and should be a lot of fun. Thanks to Dan at Childish Concepts Racing.

Daniel Coop

Thanks Buckeye
Had some decent weather and enough time to do a little riding. But also to stick the mock-up motor in the frame and snap a couple pics outside in better light. Quite a bit of work left...Still have some deburring and finish work on the frame, still need to figure out my sprocket and clutch gearing, (Looking at the Premier Stinger 14t clutch and a wanting a custom mid 60 tooth count sprocket) polish the wheels, make white walls outta my new sawtooth tires, find some proper bushings for my steering stem, figure out my final exhaust and tear it all back apart for powder coating and then final assembly. I also realized that the foam in this seat is too soft and I will need to replace it or most of it with some high density foam.

That's got a sharp look to it Coop!! I like where you are taking this!! Fenders look awesome!! (Double check.....:detective:.....cool...we're not in the same class!!) :laugh: Rock on Brotha!! :thumbsup: