Daniel Coop's - Sensation Mike Bike custom bobber - (Vintage Open)

Daniel Coop

Time to get the real motor ready for installation/mock-up and to figure out my exhaust situation...

Unhappy with the quality of the throttle arm I received with my Briggs 5hp throttle kit from OldMiniBikes, I dug out the old Dover Power alcohol carb and removed it's rusty looking throttle arm. After cleaning it up with Emery paper, I installed in on the new gas carburetor. Next time the tank goes on it'll be powder coated.

I am tempted to just finish sand blasting the frame and clear coat all the bare metal...looks kinda cool. The real challenge will be to make this Robertson's Torque Tubes 4 stage header and Modified RLV muffler fit.

The flange is way off so I will have to make a new one.

The end result will be a sexy tight fit though.

Daniel Coop

Not much to report... Been putting all my time into Gabrielle's Motovox and a couple bikes for paying friends. Trying to get it done by her birthday which is less than 2 weeks away. We made a deal with her that since her bike has been such an expensive, time consuming project, it would double as her 10th birthday present, along with a dang cell phone. (Her mother's idea lol) I never got anything that cool...

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

figured I'd at least show a couple of pics of the bikes I've been working on. The Motovox got a lot of work, from engine, to gearing. Showed up a non runner. When it was running, it was a 35MPH machine. It's leaving capable of 55MPH. The DB had some useless fun sucking garbage removed from the engine, but I'm waiting on a filter and adapter. I also put a hydraulic brake kit on it. (Supplied by bike owner) The line is a bit short for my taste...

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

With Gabrielle's Motovox, my new DB, and lately, a steady flow of local bikes coming in for upgrades/repairs, I haven't had any time to work on the Sensation. But since I stole the Stingray bars for my DB, I ordered and got my new bars and risers. LA Choppers 7/8
12" z bars and chrome(ish) risers.
This DB was dropped off for a 9" mini chopper skinny front wheel and tire I had laying around. Used 2 short DB front spacers which worked out perfectly.
Now I just have to repair his sidecover and wait on a new clutch cover bracket.
This Motovox is getting a Hemi Predator swap with the usual goodies and a hydraulic brake kit. After Gabrielle's is assembled, I will get back to business on the Sensation, but it's starting to look questionable as to me making the deadline at the end of next month...

Daniel Coop

Exhaust cut out finally re-sorted... Instead of cutting the Robertson's Torque Tubes header, we re-did the back end of the bike.
LA Choppers 7/8 Z bars look at home in their new risers on the springer front end.
Coming down to the wire on this bike with so much left to do. I have decided not to stress out about it and if I can get it done by the deadline, I will consider it a bonus, but I am building this one for me and I won't cut any corners to finish by the deadline. My daughter's bike is testament to my attention to detail.

Daniel Coop

Since I wasn't able to finish for the Build Off, I decided to take my time, and finish it my way, in my time. I pulled off the wheels, and disassembled them to re-finish. The good knobbys ended up on my Easyrider.
. The plan was to polish them to a mirror like finish, but both halves of the rear wheel had hairline cracks.
So I blasted the wheels clean and used JB Weld to fix the cracks. After they cured for 24 hrs, I sanded them smooth.

Now my plan is to polish the centers and paint the outside rim edge/lip (where it says Sensation) in the same Briggs Ice White color as the engine, hopefully mimicking the look of a white wall and tying things together.