Daniel Coop's - Sensation Mike Bike custom bobber - (Vintage Open)

Daniel Coop

My humble entry into the Vintage Open Class. Picked up this Sensation Mike Bike off Craigslist locally a few months ago, and after much deliberation I have chosen this as one of my Build-Off bikes. Out of the few choices, this one probably needs the most love as it had been wrecked and hap-hazaradly welded back together. The steering stem area needs to be completely reworked and the frame is nearly cracked in half under the seat. The forks are badly bent and after an unsuccessful attempt to straighten them, I decided to use my custom made springer front end on it. Designed originally to fit an Azusa frame, it will need to be modified to fit the Sensation.

Parts are obviously just sitting on the bike to give you an idea of what I am going for. Power will be a Briggs Raptor 3

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

Thanks everyone! Definitely have some stiff competition in this class Jason, and I thought the same thing when I saw your Build-Off entry in the anything goes class! Lol! I don't expect to win with this bike, but I wanted to rescue it since I got it and the Build-Off is a good excuse to get her done...I am actually pretty excited about it. I'm thinking on another entry into the same category anyway, but this should be a simple, quick and nimble little no-frills bike. The accent color on the seat is a clue as to what color I will be powder coating the frame after repairing it.

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

Should have some more photos to post next week. Going to be a lot of metal work and I have a few custom surprises for it. The purests may cringe, but I didn't realize how bad this frame was really damaged. This bike will be more an exercise in metal work instead of HP. I have another surprise to enter last minute in the same class. Hopefully have it in tomorrow

Daniel Coop

Severe damage to the frame has led me to bring in the big guns. I have enlisted the help of my friend who owns a bad ass local off road fab shop (The Flop Shop) to help me save this frame and add some really sick touches. I just had to build him a quick mini bike as part of our negotiation, and my red Roper had his name on it. Elongated the engine mounting slots and installed one of my Predator motors, added throttle cable, grips and chain and had a quicky runner to give him

Last edited: