Death Valley Motorcycle Ride

My buddy and I rode our dirt bikes through Death Valley two weekends ago. Here's some video. This is the first of three parts. I'll post the others later this week. Be sure to double-click the icon below. It will take you to You Tube, where you can then hit the "HQ" button and see a much better picture.

YouTube - Death Valley Dual Sport - Part 1

Tom : Your a DOG just a very lucky Dog . Great trip and some of the best for riding good trails and the best time of the year to be in the desert. Looking forward to the next look at your trip.
Steve :scooter:

I must be a lucky Dog Too ! We do the Beatty run twice a year ! Spring and Fall , Our next trip is in a few weeks !
Right on! We had a great time. I always jump at the chance to ride my dirt bike in a national park. Makes you feel like you're getting away with something. :thumbsup: Canyonlands Natl park in Utah has lots of good jeep trails that are fun on a dirt bike. I've ridden motorcycles and jeeps there a couple of times. Moab, too.

Elephant Hill

My take on Death Valley.

Several years ago I had the non pleasure of passing through Death Valley to Las Vegas. It was a horrable 125 degrees. If I can avoid that place the lowest place on earth, I will>?!

If you rent a motorhome and tell them your going to Death Valley or through Death Valley they will tear up your contract, right in front of you. Many coaches overheat and died there>?? Towing them out is thousands of dollars....$10,000 deduct from credit card!

Don't try this at home in summer. So people I met in Lone Pine, CA walked from Death Valley to Whitney Portal? Why????? They looked loike walking Zombies with lights on their heads...lol too damn wierd for me>.....

TT :thumbdown:

My take on Death Valley.

Several years ago I had the non pleasure of passing through Death Valley to Las Vegas. It was a horrable 125 degrees. If I can avoid that place the lowest place on earth, I will>?!

If you rent a motorhome and tell them your going to Death Valley or through Death Valley they will tear up your contract, right in front of you. Many coaches overheat and died there>?? Towing them out is thousands of dollars....$10,000 deduct from credit card!

Don't try this at home in summer. So people I met in Lone Pine, CA walked from Death Valley to Whitney Portal? Why????? They looked loike walking Zombies with lights on their heads...lol too damn wierd for me>.....

TT :thumbdown:
That's funny about the rental motor homes. Maybe they'll swell up and pop if it gets too hot? :smile: I agree, summer's certainly not the time to go the DV. That's got something to do w/how it got its name. But when we were there 2 weeks ago it was perfect, especially after the cold wet winter we've had in NW Oregon. The am temps were in the 40s, pm in the low 70s. There were lots of places where water was just running down the trail, and plants were blooming everywhere. Here it is, just 2 weeks later and DV temps already getting into the 90s.

Hi Tom: The second look was just a great as the first. I love to seine about the mine. When I was a young teen my Uncle had a Boy's Home called Boy's Oasis next to Harpers Dry Lake in Lockhart we had a lot of fun going down into mines . Did you see any animals at all ? Steve :scooter:

tomsprops

I'll be doing the same ride on 5/2/09 . Only it will be a street version , leaving the SFV at 7:00am on saturday . If anyone is interested ?

Hi Tom: The second look was just a great as the first. I love to seine about the mine. When I was a young teen my Uncle had a Boy's Home called Boy's Oasis next to Harpers Dry Lake in Lockhart we had a lot of fun going down into mines . Did you see any animals at all ? Steve :scooter:
Thanks. Yeah, the mines are interesting, but we didn't go in. The only animal I saw the entire time was this little lizard.

Tom : When I went through the DV in 1994 in my van I saw only one animal it was a Road Runner Bird. And he was probably why there was only one lizard on your trip.
Steve :scooter: