Dirt Cheap Sausage Muffler Dress-up Kit

buckeye

Oh, there are engines.
Just no frames..
Can't use my second Gilson for Buildoff, already in primer.
So, screwed and tattooed.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Very Nice Pete,

Here is another helper if needed by someone e-bay # 190868297903 Chrome Stainless Steel Radiator Hose Kit
Check it out and think Exhaust....

Oh, there are engines.
Just no frames..
Can't use my second Gilson for Buildoff, already in primer.
So, screwed and tattooed.
Tom, it doesn't seem to me like that would be disqualifying. What is the difference between you having a frame in primer, and another builder having someone else powder coat his frame? Or another builder buying a complete and painted frame?

Just my opinion, but Cheesy and Pat of course would make the determination.

I have already started it.
Six months ago.:laugh:
Whoa, SLOW down there! If you include the "thinking" part of the build, I have started several bikes I don't even have yet. I'd like to see a free for all kind of build off. It's all about fun, right? No monetary awards, I say go for it.

buckeye

I think it would qualify for just for fun.
There is a ton of work done to it and really shouldn't quality as a new project.
Engine is done. Just needs paint.
Frame and swing arm cleaned up from years of abuse.
Not a biggie. I can still play.

markus

Looks Cool! I scored some VW Chrome tips at a Swap Meet. I didn't have to Swipe em from some Hippies:laugh:
Right on :thumbsup: I used a few of those....I wish they would give you the signature VW "fweem" sound but they dont in this application.

I ran out of them (had a box of them from my VW builds) so I graduated to plumbing supplies on this one :laugh:

CarPlayLB

I have used a piece of regular old exhaust tube that slipped right over a sausage muffler. Paint it and run a support to make it look fancier, and voila! I also drilled one 1/4" hole in the center of the stock muffler to give it a little "growl". This is on the Raptor Jr. I did

Looks Cool! I scored some VW Chrome tips at a Swap Meet. I didn't have to Swipe em from some Hippies:laugh:
I've made a muffler using several V Dub muffler tips and the sound was pretty nice, what does one tip sound like, Loud, soft, about like a stock muffler? Just curious.
I have a dozen or so sitting around I was thinking about using them on my minis.