Dish Network?

MikeBear

Dish Network $50 off?

Anybody thinking about signing up for Dish Network? I've had them for about 8 years now, and they sure beat Charter Cable, especially with their new customer deals.

Present customers are given $50 OFF their first month gift referral numbers to give out to their friends who want to sign up for new service, so if anybody is signing up, and wants $50 off please let me know via PM and I'll send you one.

Last edited:
Mike, I did cable for years and hated every minute of it :censure:...but I got Direct and it is awesome ! :smile: I hope Dish works out for ya .

What do you guys pay for dish over there. We were paying about 95$ a month and it was all repeats. We canned I about 3 years ago and putthe money into the bond. Kids keep me to busy at night anyway :laugh:

MikeBear

What do you guys pay for dish over there. We were paying about 95$ a month and it was all repeats. We canned I about 3 years ago and putthe money into the bond. Kids keep me to busy at night anyway :laugh:
$63 a month for "America's Top 100". That includes local channels, HD, and a dvr fee.

buckeye

I'm about to pay nothing. :hammer:
We are going to cut the cable cord and only have the net.
Saves us about a hundred coins a month. 1200/yr for a bunch of channels we never watch. :no:

Bikerscum

I'm about to pay nothing. :hammer:
We are going to cut the cable cord and only have the net.
Saves us about a hundred coins a month. 1200/yr for a bunch of channels we never watch. :no:
Buck, you can still get network and some other channels without cable & for free. A simple antenna on the roof still works. And, it's high quality digital tv, not shadowy analog like the old days. A quick peek shows you can get 39 channels in Birmingham for example.

It's not widely publicized for obvious reasons, but free TV is very much alive & well. Check out a site called (I think) antennaweb.org, put in your address & it will tell you what's available & what kind of antenna (UHF, VHF, etc.) you need.

I have full cable TV from ATT U-Verse here in the SF Bay area.... every premium channel known to man to keep the wife happy. When the earthquake hit here, the local ABC channel that was supposed to carry the Little League World Series had quake coverage all day & nite instead. I switched over to my antenna & got the ESPN feed from Sacramento for free.

You'll find channels like 7.2, 10.1, 27.3, etc. You just need a digital TV is all.

Probably the best kept secret in the US.

My addiction cost too much too I am a Comcast triple play customer TV , Internet & Home phone and I still have my Verizon
cell phone My home phone was my business phone and some old customers only know that number and others only know my Cell number.
One the living room TV I have the lowest digital package and about 200 channels and a 2 channel DVR. In my bedroom I went to just the free digital channels and rent the box and channel changer from Comcast for $1.50 a month. We all are just rats chasing the cheese of information LOL
Steve :scooter:

MikeBear

Anybody thinking about signing up for Dish Network? I've had them for about 8 years now, and they sure beat Charter Cable, especially with their new customer deals.

Present customers are given $50 OFF their first month gift referral numbers to give out to their friends who want to sign up for new service, so if anybody is signing up, and wants $50 off please let me know via PM and I'll send you one.
Bump! This is a good deal. I can give you a free referral code, and you'll get $50 off your monthly bill for Dishes best new Hopper system, and any other perks they got going at the time you order. Just send me a PM, and I'll send the code. I've heard that they also have given out $200 Visa cash-cards to some new signups, but I don't know the requirements to get that signup perk.

So far two people have signed up using referrals codes from me.

Last edited:
Many months ago I finally talked my housemate into getting rid of the cable tv. After about a week he was fine with it. I moved into a friend's house years ago and he didn't have cable and after that I will never pay for tv again. There's no point as damn near any tv show you want to watch is available on torrent sites. Most of the shows I watch weekly are available 3-4 hours before they'd even air here. If I want to watch them on the 55" tv in the living room (I use a 37" as my computer monitor in my room) I just throw them on a USB drive and run it off the computer we have hooked up to it.

Chromecast. Check it out if you haven't heard of it. It's great for Netflix and Youtube if you have wireless at your house and a cell phone. We mainly use it during parties so people can queue up music they want to listen to. They just have to log into our wifi and the option to send it to the Chromecast shows up automatically.

BTW, I would download a car if I could.

MikeBear

Bump. Still got some referral codes for $50 OFF Dish Network for new signups. This can be used on top of any other deal you have, or can negotiate.

PM me if you are interested, and I'll send you one.

Do you get the NHL network and VH1 classics?? about the only two channels I watch. I have Directtv and am tired of them screwing with the bill every other month.. thanks

Last edited:

MikeBear

Do you get the NHL network and VH1 classics?? about the only two channels I watch. I have Directtv and am tired of them screwing with the bill every other month.. thanks
NHL Network is channel 157
VH1 Classics is channel 163

If you have DirecTv now, you'll LOVE a Dish Network dvr. I have the older VIP722k (which I like a lot), but I hear the new Hopper is better. Or, if you don't need a dvr they have regular HD receivers that later you can add an external harddrive, and turn it into a dvr.

Let me know if you want a code. You can call Dish and talk to them about it, and there's no obligation if you decide not to sign up or use the code after asking them what they can do for you. Make sure you tell them you have DirecTV, and you aren't happy with them anymore. They'll probably throw in even more free stuff to get you to switch.

Thanks...I will see what they can do for me. Do any of you dish guys have a 2nd home or cabin that you take a box to while you are there and did you aim the 2nd dish yourself or have to pay dish? thanks

Last edited:

MikeBear

I no longer have a second house at the moment, but it is allowed to take your receiver with you in a case such as that. You can also purchase a separate dish and install it yourself if you'd like. It's not all that hard to setup a dish with Dish Network and aim it yourself. I highly suggest that if you end up doing this, you get the exact same dish as they install at your regular house. That way you won't have to run a switch check to have it sense a different dish setup.

They also have a Hopper dvr with built-in Sling technology. That means that if you have internet available at your second house, you can access your receiver at home through the internet and watch programs from it without ever having to take it with you!

Last edited: