do you really need flywheel or just the billet rod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Not if that's all you done.
But the billet rod is a must

If you never plan on going more than 6,000 RPM it's not really needed. I personally never seen one blow at that level or less. Now if your wanting more power later on then get it.

korndog

mdb, I wasn't questioning your expertise or anything like that. I'm just a little sensitive to flywheel issues due to a major injury in the family back in the 60's L.A. drag strip scene.

mdb, I wasn't questioning your expertise or anything like that. I'm just a little sensitive to flywheel issues due to a major injury in the family back in the 60's L.A. drag strip scene.
I was going to say the same thing, MDB is for sure seeing some serious RPMs no doubt and knows all too well the dangers of trusting the stock flywheel! He was half asleep when he posted the reply, cause he knew better and has forgotten more about building fast clones than I could ever hope to learn! I dont personally remove the gov. as I am an old man, but should I do so I'll spend the extra $! That orange minibike rider was very lucky, the way the thing grenaded he sould have been more seriously injured!

my mods i wanted

so i wanted a header and air filter from nr racing and the 18lb valve springs(6,000rpm) and im not sure if that is too much for the flywheel?

If you're going to spend $40 for another cast flywheel that's rated for 3600 rpm, you may as well spend the $100 and get the ARC. You'll be thanking yourself later. The ARC is SFI approved is there is no comparsion to any cast flywheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.