doodlebug doesn't accelerate

is the 16 hp engine compatible? i'm used to working on lexus so swapping a mini bike motor wont be "impossible" for me. How fast would the doodlebug go if i put that 16 motor in it? 25 mph? :shrug: holy crap is the thing slow right now...starts everytime though! :thumbsup:

Its also about gearing do you want speed or torque keeping the stock 72 sprocket on you will have good torque but run out of top end quick a 60 tooth you'll get big top end but with a stock 6.5hp youll have horrible bottom so id say find a 68 its the happy medium and maybe do some jettin a header and airfilter youll have a nice driver:thumbsup::scooter:

FYI, my doodlething looks identical to yours adam except mine is on a 3.5 ton jack...lol :laugh: So if I put the 6 1/2 motor in it wouldn't it crap out the clutch? I want speed, there is a horse arena in my backyard that I wanna floor it on.
Tanx mans!

disgusting avatar man.:facepalm: :laugh: So the clutch would break...so what kind of clutch will work on the 6 1/2 doodlebug? I'm not doodle buggy inclined. all I know is Lexus lol. Thanks for the help.

cxbra

Putt putt, just so you understand... all engines have the same top speed. They all come stock governed at 3600rpm. The ONLY thing that dictates top speed is gearing, tire diameter and rpm. A stock 16hp engine has the same top speed as a stock 2hp engine, its just that the 2hp engine will take a long time to get there and the 16hp engine will get there a lot quicker. Its all about how you gear the bike and pay attention to its torque.

For instance if you had a 6.5hp engine, I would gear it to go 35mph @ 3600rpm. If it were a 16hp engine, I would gear it to go 50mph at 3600rpm. Why? Because the 16hp engine makes so much power that it will throw you off the bike if you dont gear it for higher top speed. Hope that makes sense.

okay tanx much for the info. carb leaks gas as well. i half to shut the fuel off so that it doesnt stall and cut out. i run on whatever is in the carb, than add more in the carb. dumb i know, but a new motor would come with the carb and all that crap:eek:fftopic: