Doodlebug Drag Bike Build (lots of pics)

So started with a doodle bug and basically pictures speak for themselves selves... Tryed taking pictures as much as I could but a few were lost from switching phones ... I later sectioned the frame about a 1.5" so it wasn't soo high and got the top tubes closer to the motor .. Front tire is off a scooter and rear tire is from a kart .

The motor is a predator 212 old style all that was used was block and crank. After that mini bike Charles ported a head and sent a custom grind cam. Agk billet rod, agk flywheel and 28mm mikuni was in store for the motor. Later I got with Robertson's kart pipes for a 28mm inside diameter pipe to get some flow going.

Motor

Mini Drag Bike Charles hooked me up with a isky custom grind cam and a fully ported and valves head. 32/28 valves.. Beautiful work.

man thats a good looking bug. i've been thinking about stretching mine as well and doing the live axle. and thats exactly the way i would want it to look. is there any pointers you can give me on tubing you used and the width of the rear of the frame. i'm a pretty avid welder and my father owns a exauhst shop so bending pipe and what not is in our blood but this i have to say would be a first for me.

Thx guys...

Massacre I'll be there!

Db , I was waiting on 7/8" chromoly tubing but couldn't wait any longer for it so I went to the depot and used 1/2" black mal gas pipe ... Lol.... And had a tubing bender from harbor garbage . It's about 12-13" wide . The rear half that I cut off the bug I swapped left and right tubes to give me this look.

Thx guys...

Massacre I'll be there!

Db , I was waiting on 7/8" chromoly tubing but couldn't wait any longer for it so I went to the depot and used 1/2" black mal gas pipe ... Lol.... And had a tubing bender from harbor garbage . It's about 12-13" wide . The rear half that I cut off the bug I swapped left and right tubes to give me this look.

carolina style

Thx guys...

Massacre I'll be there!

I like the flare

honestly i was hoping that it was somthing i could get my hands on fairly easy. and for the bender thats exactly what i was going to get because my fathers bender only goes down to 1in. (the dies that is) looks good man i hope i can come up with somthing similar. and i also was going to ask how long of a axle is that? is that axle that sticks out? or are those pegs you put over the axle?

Last edited:
Last minute gear change ... Had to make the 65t work on my hub since my order for sprockets somehow didn't go threw and was incomplete... Idk but got it done . Got very lucky on the bolts too this gear is like kryptonite.