Doodlebug track build

I decided to build up a peppy Doodle for the upcoming White Knuckle Scramble next month. Hopefully I can finish it in time! :scooter:

Some key features will be a mildly modded Predator, remote fuel tank, shaved fenders, smaller road tires, front brake and other little things. Still haven't decided on what kind of drivetrain setup I'll be running... I have a GTC TAV kit sitting on the bench, but might go with a PMR jackshaft kit or standard clutch kit for easy quick tuning.

I'll be starting with this frame an using some of the frame pieces from a couple donor Doodles laying around.

I'd like to thank Larry at Fairfield Motorsports for hooking me up with some shiny billet parts. I'm using a .020 longer rod than stock, Mod 2 cam, rejetted slightly bigger carb and 18lb springs. Top plate and other pieces should be here this weekend.

Last edited:
Finished the remote fuel tank under the seat from Hot Rod Mini Bike a little bit ago. Kind of annoying that the factory welded the front seat mount crooked, but I made it work. I'm using the stock 97cc fuel tank from a Doodlebug.

T-Town Mini

Starting from a clean frame and building it up from there....that's the best way to do it. :thumbsup:

Is that the factory color or is it newly painted/coated?

Starting from a clean frame and building it up from there....that's the best way to do it. :thumbsup:

Is that the factory color or is it newly painted/coated?
Thanks! I always feel more organized when the frame is stripped to start. It's how I build all my bicycles too. The color is factory, although it will be painted if there is time. I think the green was sold under the name "Hensim" maybe? Not too sure though.

Stopped by the kart store again and picked up my ARC top plate, fuel pump, Max Torque clutch, gaskets and tubing. Should go on tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:
For track racing I'd probably go with the tav. The clutch just doesn't like the sand we have around here. It may be better on a hard packed dirt surface? Racing conditions may also heat a clutch up? I may be completely wrong, it's mostly my opinion based on a little offroad doodle riding. All mine absolutely hate loose dirt.

Great color on the frame. I wanted to find an old style DB frame for my pavement specific build. I used a new style DB30 instead and painted the front end to customize it for myself. Here it is ........

I don't think it's necessary for it's current form, but since I was getting the top plate already what's an extra $15? I'll need it down the road eventually.