Drove the trail Bronc today.

Grabbed an engine from the pile, it's a side poopin H35 (3.5HP) I got for $20 as clean working pressure washer.

Was going to rob a 5HP tec from another bike but the boy said try one of out plentiful H35's.

Took the fender off to clear the Tav 2 (fender was notched on the other side so I'll just trim it to even it out.

These bikes don't seem to like to line straight up with Tav's to the same side rear and had to shim and fuss with the big Bronc as well. (but I have the JS for the biggin)

Anyway, started it up,,, the anticipation was killing me,,,, I never put a Tav on a small engine before,,,, I laughed as the bike jolted me up the driveway, the sucker will do wheelies and has lots of torque! I'm losing some top end with the big sprocket but it will climb steep hills and still do about 25MPH as is. The boy wants to keep it that way and it will be a great trail bike.

I watched the boy drive it and it's a really cool looking bike . The seat I had was perfect for it and I made steel runners for the seat to hold the shocks and frame together. One of the rear shocks was busted (see pic) so I had to do some welding. All I need is brakes and I figure a disk on the rear right is the cleanest way to go.

delray

ya gto,if you just live little closer i could fab cool little pipe............:scooter:
if you know how to weld? you can do it:weld:
when you first see a picture of the bike with out a engine you kind of think its a big vt-8 frame,but when you install a small block tecumseh you can see really see how small the the bike is. sure looks like a good bike to take on the trails............:scooter:

ya gto,if you just live little closer i could fab cool little pipe............:scooter:
if you know how to weld? you can do it:weld:
when you first see a picture of the bike with out a engine you kind of think its a big vt-8 frame,but when you install a small block tecumseh you can see really see how small the the bike is. sure looks like a good bike to take on the trails............:scooter:
Yeah I weld. (see the lower of the shock) I've made a few pipes but wish I had a tig for that and making tanks. :doah:

The bike is the size of a DB but with 1" tubing and big tires and shocks. much smaller than the super Bronc but easier to tote.

Looks like a good fit. I've wondered about a TAV on a smaller engine. The big wheeled Bird came with a HS40 and TAV. I've been thinking a HS50, but Now that you've tried and proven, I might go with a HS40. That bike looks well proportioned with the smallblock.:thumbsup: , and sounds like you have plenty of power. Someone made a bike with 3.5 and torque converter. Tomsprops posted some covers a while back.

OldMan

SweeT!

I'll bet that's a comfortable ride. :thumbsup:

I've toyed with the ideal of putting TAVs on my blue bikes... They have huge rear sprockets! :weld:

GTO

I just noticed you used a TAV-2. BAD move! Everybody knows that those T/Cs are weak! It just wont last! Should have bought a racing clutch for that! I hope you have a bunch of belts in stock. Your gona need them! LOL

Thats a nice bike GTO. I was wondering how a 3.5 would run with a TAV on it. I have a couple 3.5 and was thinking about doing that.
Hey josh, I was wondering what was weak about the TAV2. I was going to put one on my DB30 and a second one on a Cat minibike. Have you had problems with them.

delray

minibikedude,it's just a inside joke that josh has with someone:smile:
tav-2 works just great for doodle around on. i have v-plex torque conveter on a 30+yr old bike that still works real good............:scooter:
my friend want to by a tav-2. so i told him about bmi on ebay,but i don't see any for sale? does anybody know whats going on with bmi not selling tav-2. maybe he will have to call them?

Thats good to know. I have the Rupp tav that came on the 70 and up bikes and have not had any problems with them. I picked up two Comet TAV2 this year for the other bikes and got a little worried when I read that from josh. I.m glad its a joke. I like the way bikes run with a TAVs.Thanks delray

Oh yeah, with a TAV a 3.5HP can haul anyone around no problem. I grew up with an azusa as my first bike and I had a 3.5 briggs with a TAV. It had an 8" rear wheel...... I think and a 60T sprocket, no one could ride it an keep the front wheel down. I would have gone to an even smaller sprocket had they made them with the drum. It would top out at about 30 (gov. remained intact on that bike). 3.5HP will be plenty with a TAV, you will definitely lose speed on hills with it though, at least I would. I had that thing for about......6-8 years or so and never changed a belt. For reference, I weigh about 185lb.

Thats a nice bike GTO. I was wondering how a 3.5 would run with a TAV on it. I have a couple 3.5 and was thinking about doing that.
Hey josh, I was wondering what was weak about the TAV2. I was going to put one on my DB30 and a second one on a Cat minibike. Have you had problems with them.

Yeah that was just a joke. I love the TAV units. They work great! :thumbsup: